Hairymicks Wadefish (kadaitchi)

Builder show and discuss their progress.
ADHORNE

nice pics

Post by ADHORNE »

First off the wadefish looks great. on the pics i see a rear hatch. how far from the stern did you bring it up and how large are the hatches. again great looking boat
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Mick....

Going back and taking a better look ... I am sure my eyes are deceiving me (since I did not see any fish in the boat) but the straps for the aft hatch cover ....... Did you secure the ends of the straps at the water line or below it for the aft hatch cover :?:

This has me confused for the reason why it was done that way ... if you did do it that way and it is just me needing some new glasses. :lol:

V
V
|
|
|
V
Down Here.......

Chuck
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Oldsparkey wrote:Going back and taking a better look ... I am sure my eyes are deceiving me (since I did not see any fish in the boat) but the straps for the aft hatch cover ....... Did you secure the ends of the straps at the water line or below it for the aft hatch cover :?:
Chuck;
I saw and wondered the same thing. But if you look at the picture right above that one...
you can see that the illusion happens on one side only.
My guess is that the stuff hanging down is extra length of strap for tightening. But I am only guessing.

DM
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

In the picture the way the straps are hugging the side of the boat , it looked like they were attached and had tension on them.

Yep ... I need new glasses. :roll:

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Hi Chuck,

tis just some excess strap overhang. Straps are fixed to the deck beside hatch lids. :D

Blooded her yesterday. She is by far, a superior fishing kayak to any of my others.

A couple of piccies.

Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Oh yeah,

Don't worry about the sounder wires. it was just a temperary install to test for positioning. Will be routing them properly today. :D

another :D
Regards,
Mick

scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Mick,
who makes those straight vertical "rod holders" you use for the net and gaff? Are they actually called "rod Holders"? I'd like to get some of those but can't seem to find them. Anyone here in the States know where to get them?
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Scott,

They are Berkley I think. Just about every tackle store out here has em. About AUD$7.00 each.
Regards,
Mick

gpratt

Post by gpratt »

TH Marine makes them in 30 degree tilt and flat

I think the flat ones are what you're looking for.

http://www.thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=92
surfman

Post by surfman »

That looks great you have a place for everything, even the chum bucket! Are you shooting through the hull with the depth sounder tranducer? Can you do that in a wood boat?