Buccaneer Xtreme (Prototype)

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Tweedie
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Love-Hate-Love-Hate.......

Post by Tweedie »

I am at the exact same point in my boat. It is good to hear that all the defects I see may just be in my head and are not so visible to everyone else.

I have found that a rasp (a really coarse file) is a very good thing and saves on sanding. I only figured this out recently.
Chalk
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Love-Hate-Love-Hate.......

Post by Chalk »

Tweedie wrote:I have found that a rasp (a really coarse file) is a very good thing and saves on sanding. I only figured this out recently.
One of these will make life easier....

Eat.Sleep.Fish[Be the Fish]
Chalk
Design Reviewer

Post by Chalk »

Been awhile....No more wire ties, she's standing on her own...transom is in place, a little more sanding and I will be ready for some biaxial tape...

To Be Continued...
banoe1

Post by banoe1 »

Hi Chalk,

Haven't heard any thing about BucX for awhile. I have been interested as I have a 15hp Evenrude that needs a home and I need a winter project.
Chalk
Design Reviewer

Post by Chalk »

I added the rails a few days ago....Need some biaxial fabric and the bottom will be ready for finishing...She looks good, can't wait to see her in some backwater slough....

I hope to get her glassed and flipped over soon....suppose to leave the country for a month, so if that happens it will be awhile...

Go ahead and get started, she isn't easy to build, but she is fun to build...I've enjoyed working on her....I'll help you if I can
Chalk
Design Reviewer

Post by Chalk »

Started cleaning the garage to make room for the Ghost and ended up turning things upside down...I mean right side up... :lol:

Probably going to shave the bow to accept the trolling motor, rails added...Just need a little more glass, resin and time and she will be ready for some fishing

To Be Continued...
banoe1

Post by banoe1 »

Looks great, cant wait to see it with trolling motor mounted ready to fish. Striper fishing on Chesapake now no time for boat building have to wait till I hang up rods for winter.
Chalk
Design Reviewer

Post by Chalk »

Well, I was worried about the JEM Watercraft thugs coming by and breaking my legs for not working much on the boat :o :lol: ....So I got a little work done this morning.....Transom is filleted and taped inside and out...Ran out of biaxial tape or I would of done more...

Plan to order supplies this week and make some more progress...

To Be Continued...
jim

Post by jim »

Im really interested in doing this boat so I hope you got the supplies and are soon in the water with her. Real curious about her stability characteristics. Sure hope you can hide from those thugs till we at least see that! haha
Chalk
Design Reviewer

Post by Chalk »

Did some filleting and taping today....Kinda started without thinking about it much (I tend to over think things, it's best to jump in head first sometimes :shock: :lol: )..Anyway used S3 EZ fillet and filleted three seams...realized I didn't have any brushes to spread resin with so I ran to Home Depot....picked up a couple of cheap brushes and thought about a roller...Picked up some 4" Quali-Tech Foam rollers (the ones for all paints, not the one for latex)...Nice small roller with a round end that worked great for smoothing out the glass and fillets...They worked for me with a 2:1 slow cure resin, not sure how they will hold up with a fast cure or warmer temps.

1/2 the hull inside is taped and smoothed out with "poor mans" peel ply.

To Be Continued...