Posting as a guest

Info about our Products and Services
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Posting as a guest

Post by jem »

We've had to implement some changes for our guests who wish to post but do not wish to register.

As you can probably guess, this is due to spammers.

This will hopefully be a temporary issue that will be resolved with some others things done behind the scenes.

Thanks for your patience.
-Matt. Designer.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Matt

I had to do the same on my web site as far as guests posting, YES.... it is a pain in the rear for the good folks who want to ask something related to the subject matter of the web site but right now the spammers are doing it as a guest and will drive you nut's going in and deleting them everyday.

Registration is free for anyone who wants to sign on so I am leaving my web site where folks cannot sign on as guests.
If a member forgets there pass word it is a simple action to correct that with a email letter.

I started it as only temporary but that was a mistake .......I am not selling anything on my site except for the goodies in the shop (clothing) which does not require a person to register on the forum and ask questions.
A prospective customer of yours might like to ask questions as a guest but what harm is done by signing on as a real person and then asking the question , which they would end up doing in the long run.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler