pogue3one wadefish 2.?

Builder show and discuss their progress.
pogue3one
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

painted with decals

Post by pogue3one »

Got some decals from a local fella and stuck'em to the yak. Here are the latest pics:
I saw this skull hood ornament at the auto parts store while I was getting clutch pedal covers for the steering system.
decals from yaktags

nod
another view of steering system, buit-in tackle box/dry box and flush mounted hatch.
Wadefish (complete)
digr57
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by digr57 »

Very Very Cool lookin boat.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

WOW!!!!! :shock: 8)
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

:shock: :D Who would have thought a painted boat could look so good?

Mate, I love what you have done with your boat. 8)

Respectfully,

Mick
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Spectacular!! Great job.
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
lark2004

Post by lark2004 »

:shock: :!: :!: :!:

wow

what more can I say......
Andrew
zeb

Post by zeb »

Thats a crackin job well done 8)
All The Best
Zeb
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Amazing! The console with the lure trays is fantastic!
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

I like it!
I see the rudder cables running into the boat, any pictures of your rudder set up and the cable coming back out.

Fantastic job.

DM
pogue3one

Post by pogue3one »

I would have posted this sooner, but the previous rudder was a failure. I used 4mm okume wrapped in 6 oz glass for the rudder but did not reinforce the weakest point with glass.

Result:

I looked around for another material to use for the rudder. I thought about using black rubber trim that is used to trim the lower part of walls. then I came across a sprayable rubber coating used for tool handles. I decided to use sheet metal coated with this stuff.

Rubber coating

I had priced commercially available rudders and footpegs and decided I was too cheap to shell out $300 - $500 necessary to obtain them. My rudder assembly (except for the Metal and Coating), and steering system are made almost entirely of scraps.

I used leftover glass tubing from my scuppers for foot pegs. The pedals are clutch pedal covers.

I used your (DM) suggestion for running the cables under the cockpit.

Here are some pics of the finished rudder system:

The Rudder carriage (I gues that's what you'd call it) came from a link that was posted by hoz when I asked about a kayak sail here
viewtopic.php?t=2145
this link was posted http://www.laurieford.net/rudders.htm
Here's My version:
I'll let you know how it works after I test it on Monday.
Wadefish (complete)