Sasquatch(littlefoot)

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
Workin Man
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Workin Man »

I didn't realize that the Issaquah was an assymetrical hull. I really like the lines and overall look of your "bigfoot", she looks great. I have built two other small boats and I have some decent woodworking skills, so an assymetric hull wouldn't likely be too much of a challenge. Sorry to take this thread offcoarse but what would be the pro's and cons of a 14'Sasquatch vs a 14' Issaquah?

Jim AKA Workin Man
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Issy 14 has a little flatter shape to it than the Sas 14. Issy is narrower but I think the Sas 14 has a more refined hull shape that would make it quicker.

Issy 14 was one of my earlier designs and if I had to do it again, I'd change up a couple things. Mainly take some of the fullness out of the ends and use differential rocker. Maybe down the road.

I'm trying to get the Sas 14 out this week.
-Matt. Designer.
zeb
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by zeb »

I'm trying to get the Sas 14 out this week.
WHEY HEY 8) 8) and another 8)
:D
All The Best
Zeb
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

3 sheets of 4mm will do the job. The 3 sheets are pretty full so more will be needed for construction forms/frames, but those are temporary and can be made of any grade of plywood.

There's enough room where I could stretch the hull about 16" and still only need 3 sheets. That would just about satisfy the request in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=2170
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Matt,

3 sheets of 4mm will do the job. The 3 sheets are pretty full so more will be needed for construction forms/frames, but those are temporary and can be made of any grade of plywood.
8) 8)
There's enough room where I could stretch the hull about 16" and still only need 3 sheets. That would just about satisfy the request in this thread
I think both versions are well worth drawing up 8) About a 16 footer for those who are a little intimidated by all the work of the 16.5' and the 14 footer for those who would like a smaller version. 8)

Any chance of a concept drawing of what the 14 footer wil look like please :P
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Sweeeeet, :D 8)

Thanks mate. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
coogzilla

Post by coogzilla »

Wow Matt. That's pretty.

Keith
zeb

Post by zeb »

The concept drawing looks fantastic Matt 10 outa 10 8)
Will We be able to construct Her in Your usual method or will it be a srongback jobby?
All The Best
Zeb
Tor

Post by Tor »

jem wrote:I'm a little surprised the Issaquah 14 or 17 hasn't been a more popular boat.
Does the Sasquatch have an extra panel each side? 'cause it's something to do with it looking more rounded, maybe it's the more aesthetically pleasing symmetry (as opposed to thinking about performance).

I don't know what I want but I know what I like...

I like the look of that drawing and yep I'd be interested in the slightly larger version for paddling with an adult and two littlies

Tor