jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

New! Mini Skiff

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Matt,

I like this boat - a lot. :D

The potential as a skinny water, bass boat is enormous, or just a lazy day on the lake with your partner, a bottle of nice red and a picnic basket 8) 8)

What could be better, a really nice little skiff with allmost the classic lines of yesteryear but built with modern technology and an easy build. Beautiful in her simplicity. Stunning.

Bloody well done mate - again 8) 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
tw541
Type of boat I like: All boats

Post by tw541 »

I saw this boat listed this morning and have come back several times to look at it again. It really reminds of days many years ago when my grandfather took me fishing. His boat looked something like this, but he built his out of cypress of course. He taught me how to paddle in that boat. That was back in the '50's and all boats in that part of the country were cypress. Not many people had store bought boats. Boats like this one were common though. My grandfather left his pulled up on the river bank with about half a dozen similar boats. No one ever bothered it. Couldn't do that now, it wouldn't be there the next morning. I just might build this boat when I finish the projects I am working on.
Terry