dk touring canoe first build

Builder show and discuss their progress.
fishforfun

dk touring canoe first build

Post by fishforfun »

I got started on my first build on may 2. it is slow going only few hours a night to work on it. seems to be going good though. I customized it down to a 16 footer hope it goes together allright. I can't believe how strong the panels get when you splice them together have but blocks on right now and waiting to do the fiberglass patch.

fishforfun

sorry screwed it up the first time

Post by fishforfun »

fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Garrage was a little messy had to clean it before starting but then seemed to go right back to messy.
had to take a break from marking out panels to get something to eat (mushrooms).
but blocks going on splices they are done now hopefully will start stitching tomorrow after a little more sanding. hopefully every thing will go together fine. I did customize the plans a little with a cardboard mock up and shranck her down to 16 feet. More pics to come and maybe i will figure out this posting pics a little more. Wife still thinks I'm nuts and I'm going to sink she has been trying to figure out a song to play during the luanching that will go with the sinking. LOL
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Geez FFF,

Your shed looks about as tidy as mine mate. OUTSTANDING EFFORT!!! :D 8)

Re the mushies, what sort are they? I have never seen anything like them.

In the piccies of the bottom panel, you might like to check the centre panel between the two panel splices.

I would do this by bending a batten around the edge of the two end pieces and scribe a pencil mark in the ply on the centre piece. it looks to be a little out of fair there mate. easier to fix now than later. :D

Worth checking anyway. Could well be a trick of the light or something.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
coogzilla
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by coogzilla »

I like your shop. The Wif must be scared to go in there. LOL
Coog's
JEMWATERCRAFT:
Touring Pirogue-
coogzilla

Post by coogzilla »

What's the scooter behind the ATV?
Coog's
JEMWATERCRAFT:
Touring Pirogue-
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

The mushrooms are called morel mushrooms. A very sawt after shroom here in the usa. The scooter is a 1993 kawasaki vulcan 1500. There is allso a kids honda 90 atv and a honda 300 fourtraxs 4x4 behind that. The fare was out about 3/16 thanks for catching that for me. The wife calls my shop the man cave. Here is a couple pics of the bottom and the middle panels spliced and getting ready for stitching(after i fixed the fare). Also pic of the top panels with edges primed. Just have to mark where the bulkheads and braces go and will start the drilling and stitching. I may straigthen shop up again to.
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

The mushrooms are called morel mushrooms. A very sawt after shroom here in the usa. The scooter is a 1993 kawasaki vulcan 1500. There is allso a kids honda 90 atv and a honda 300 fourtraxs 4x4 behind that. The fare was out about 3/16 thanks for catching that for me. The wife calls my shop the man cave. Here is a couple pics of the bottom and the middle panels spliced and getting ready for stitching(after i fixed the fare). Also pic of the top panels with edges primed. Just have to mark where the bulkheads and braces go and will start the drilling and stitching. I may straigthen shop up again to.