dk touring canoe first build

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

We found a couple of quarts of Morels on the Au Sable last week. JARVIS good eatin'!
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Well it is going together now not sure if it is right though. Does the sides sit on top of the bottom or does the bottom fit inside the sides?
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Well the bottom panel and middle sides are stitched together. Bulkheads and frames are in and it is actually square. Don't no how i did that but i'm impressing my self.
fishforfun

Oops

Post by fishforfun »

Oops the top panels were 9 1/2 inches to short. Had to cut and sand out splices and install new longer top center panels. I guess that is what i get when i shortened it up not sure how it happened when i did a cardboard mock up. I think i may have picked up the wrong center panel piece when tracing them out.

jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

dang I'm sorry to hear that. :(

But I'm glad you worked it out.
-Matt. Designer.
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Hay what does it mean when a belt sander starts making all kinds of racket and starts throwing sparks and smoking? Oops !
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

fishforfun wrote:Hay what does it mean when a belt sander starts making all kinds of racket and starts throwing sparks and smoking? Oops !
It means you get to go shopping at the big-kids toy store! :lol:
-Matt. Designer.
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Well got the stitching done today . May have to put a few more in to try and smooth out some ripples around the braces not sure if they will come out when fiberglassing. I love the look of it and quite pleased . One ? is do you start the tack welding from the outside when you flip it to check for twist or do you do them from the inside to start. Going to start thinking about seating while waiting for fiberglass cloth. Here is a few pics.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

I was trying to read the state on those license plates. Where are you from? I like those onions hanging in the workshop. Good man. Any garlic? Make our own jerky?

You're coming along on your boat nicely. Where's the gun turret going to be?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
coogzilla

Post by coogzilla »

Lookin good.
Coogs
JEMWATERCRAFT:
Touring Pirogue-