Paddlepup's Laker 14

Builder show and discuss their progress.
john the pom
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by john the pom »

Jeez guys I dunno, Ningi Creek would be a long travel for me, but I spose I could manage the five minute car journey :P
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

John
Mick will meet you anywhere he just wants to paddle your 14. :lol:
Mick have you ever paddled a wood yak you didnt build.
Ron
lark2004

Post by lark2004 »

I know I'd rather paddle Ningi creek than the Boondall wetlands.

But anywhere that's wet is good.

I get more glass next week and can start getting back into working on mine..... Might even be finished in time for summer!
Andrew
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

lark2004 wrote:
But anywhere that's wet is good.
Beer is wet.
-Matt. Designer.
lark2004

Post by lark2004 »

damn it Matt,

I don't need to start drooling on my keyboard, I just had to buy a new computer today........(don't ask :evil: )
Andrew
paddlepup

Launch Day

Post by paddlepup »

G'day all,
Finally got the kayak finished ready for the water :D :D :D ....today was the day :D :D :D .

Loaded on the racks and ready to roll:

Getting wet:

She floats OK:

Back from first paddle:

Another view:

Great day, paddled for about an hour until the breeze came up a bit. :) :)
First impression....great little kayak, a bit more tender than my previous plastic kayak but lovely to paddle, seems to track straight and not adversly effected by the crosswind.

First mod will be to fit a fishing rod holder. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Matt for a great design. :!: :!: :!:
Cheers
Dave
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Wow! 8)
-Matt. Designer.
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Congratulations Paddlepup. Nice result. :D
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Isn't that a pretty boat!! You are going to enjoy the paddling, fishing, camping, and admiration.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
john the pom

Post by john the pom »

Nice work pup. But jeez if many more lakers get built around here we're gonna be tripping over the bloody things.
I see you're another one that went for thigh braces. I went a different way - mum always said I was different :? - I put the braces further forward and brace just below my knees. Seems to work for me.
You might just be wrong if you think you finished it. I thought that too, but since thinking that I've repainted it and am currently working on a different coaming to the one I originally put on but is probably closer to the one on the plans. Same with front bulkhead/hatch. That will be coming out soon. I Just love the fact that if'n you ain't happy with any aspect of these boats just cut it out/off and put something else on.