dangermouse01 builds a Wadefish 2.0

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Craig Lewis
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

DMs Masterpiece

Post by Craig Lewis »

DM and Matt are really due all this praise from the board for such an incredible result Wadefish 2.0 Serial No. 1
Maybe this time Matt should contact some magazine that is appropriate to display the trophy work crafted by Mick, Scott, and DM?
Unfortunely, there was no 2nd year for the new Kayak Fisherman mag so nothing solely dedicated to the sport is currently published. I can contact Dennis Spike about the likelyhood of resurection.
If someone has a good idea to follow-up on this suggestion, please post.
In the meantime, more pictures with the day's catch should be forwarded to Matt to collect. That way we'll be ready for publishers when they come knocking.
Craig
Sabalo
P.S. Matt, where is the "I'm not worthy" emoticon?
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: DMs Masterpiece

Post by jem »

Craig Lewis wrote: P.S. Matt, where is the "I'm not worthy" emoticon?
If there is one, I need to be using it.

Yea I can draw the stuff up and tell you how to put it together. But it takes a skilled hand to put out something like this.

I write the notes. The builders make the music.
-Matt. Designer.
scottrunnr
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by scottrunnr »

Dangermouse01,
what did you use to make those great holes in the frame for weight saving (see your photo below)? Did you fiberglass the frames or just epoxy saturate them?

hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Scott,

I don't know thaw Mouse did to cut his holes but there are a couple of ways I can think of.

1. Use a hole saw or forstner bit in the ply before it is is laminated into the frame.

2. For the 1/2 holes, same tools, only drill them BEFORE cutting the shapes.

3. Carefully mark and cut the 1/2 holes with a bandsaw.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
GuinnesDraught

Post by GuinnesDraught »

DM
hats off to you sir for an exceptional build with super SUPER results :D
It's great to see the skills of our builders and things seems to be getting better by the day..
you guys set the bar really up high for all the newbies and it's great to see you're doing it by sharing information and giving the amateurs a chance of taking a good shot at these
:D
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

dangermouse01 wrote:Been doing some stuff with the Silky Heavy paper, Matt sent me a sticker, and I scanned it into the computer and then printed it on the SHP, and laminated it under the cloth at various locations on the boat.
Danger Mouse ....I am about to do the same thing with my boat........

Got some cool lizard designs to put on it 8) 8)

Some one in another forum commented that thier designs are fading........

yours have been on for a while have you had any problems? :shock:

Maybe they used colour mine will be black as are yours

Regards Paul
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Paul;
Hadn't noticed any fading happening yet. I done two different types on different boats, scanned in the computer and then printed, and airbrushed with acrylic paint. Both were just black. Neither look any different than when new, but the boats are kept indoors in the garage when not being used.

DM
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

DM thanks for your prompt reply
Bellybuster
Type of boat I like: pirogues kayaks

Re: dangermouse01 builds a Wadefish 2.0

Post by Bellybuster »

I just spent the last hour pouring over this thread. That is one outstanding build, I am envious.
This is worthy of the bump I am giving it