Freedom with a stripped top

Builder show and discuss their progress.
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by olsnappa »

That is pure artistry, Lee. Absolutely stunning...!! :D
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I'm proud to say I designed that one!
-Matt. Designer.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Lee...

That is one head turner , you have outdone yourself on this build and set a whole new standard on how our boats can be made. :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

hairymick wrote:She's beautiful mate. The boat's not reall bad either :P

Nah mate, just kidding. Sue's boat is stunning. When are you going to build yours. :P
Just waiting for some offsets Mick, then the Freedom 18' will commence. I think I'm getting a bit over anxious for that one. I've got all these visions of a sail rig for the 18' version. :wink:

Lee
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN

Oldsparkey wrote:Lee...

That is one head turner , you have outdone yourself on this build and set a whole new standard on how our boats can be made. :D

Chuck.
Coming from you, that means alot Chuck. Thanks for building the first one. You are responsible (more than anyone) for my choice of the Freedom. If you don't mind I'd like to put a Southern Paddler sticker on her, so more folks can get in on this hideous addiction we share. :wink:

Lee
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

LEE SCHNEIDERMANN wrote:
Oldsparkey wrote:Lee...

Chuck.
Coming from you, that means alot Chuck. Thanks for building the first one. You are responsible (more than anyone) for my choice of the Freedom. If you don't mind I'd like to put a Southern Paddler sticker on her, so more folks can get in on this hideous addiction we share. :wink:

Lee
Lee....

It would be my honor for you to add a southernpaddler sticker on her.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Very nice work, Lee. It's a nice looking water craft. Sue will enjoy it a lot, I bet.

A note on our paddle: Flatten off the upper and lower edges of the loom (handle). That makes it both easier to hold onto, and easier to find the correct position by feel. You'll end up with an oval cross-section of the loom.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN

Kayak Jack wrote:Very nice work, Lee. It's a nice looking water craft. Sue will enjoy it a lot, I bet.

A note on our paddle: Flatten off the upper and lower edges of the loom (handle). That makes it both easier to hold onto, and easier to find the correct position by feel. You'll end up with an oval cross-section of the loom.
Thanks Jack, I'll give that a try.

Lee
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Lee that is awsome, makes me want to hide my Freedom
Great job.
Ron
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

That is beautiful!!!! I love the way you made the paddle out of the cut-outs. Pure genius and beautiful!