Jodie's T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Matt
Wait till he paddles her.
Ron
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by olsnappa »

Geeeezzzz she's pretty, Mick. Well worth all the sweat! Nice work. :)
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Jack,
I think I see a notch where, maybe, one and a half more boats could be squeezed in. Maybe.
LOL, LOL. Mate, I am trying to sell all of my store bought boats except one, but everybody who comes to look at them wants to buy one of my JEM boats instead. These are simply NOT FOR SALE. I am still beating myself up for selling my swamp girl and if i ever can catch up with all the beautiful designs of Matt's that I want to build, will probably build another one, Bloody great boat.

G'day Ron,
Mick
The tv is looking awesome I think you did a great job doing it bye eye.
What kind of decks are you going to put on your tv.
Ron
Thanks mate. Still undecided. At the moment, will probably go for a more open "pirogue" look, only slightly longer mini decks than in the concept piccies. I bloody miss my touring pirogue too. :oops:

Mate, just looking at the hull shape on this boat, tells me it will make a superb fishing and paddling craft. I still think with Laker style full decking, she would make an outstanding bigger bloke (or ladies) kayak and I would encourage Matt to explore the possibilities here when he gets time. I believe there is a definate market for such a kayak and all the other Stitch and Glue kayak designers are simply not catering for it.

There are one or two out there from big name mobs and I have seen one up close.
To be perfectly blunt, It looks the goods on the computor screen, and nice in the water but paddles like a very basic pirogue and has a huge wind signature to the point where it was allmost uncontrollable in a cross wind and the build methodology, compared to Matts designs is - well, primitive.

Mate, be sure I am going to build one of these lovely boats for myself. the hull panels are cut and panel spliced together and are waiting under my workbench. :D

Actually, there are three other boats besides the TV that I desperately want to make a start on but one in particular, stands out as the front runner. :wink:

G'day Matt, :D
oh something tells me his TV might get put on hold.
Ohhh yeah! :D
Matt
Wait till he paddles her.
Ron
:P :P
Geeeezzzz she's pretty, Mick. Well worth all the sweat! Nice work.
Thanks mate :D trick photography. :lol:

I spoke with Jodi today and showed here some piccies of the boat.

She seems excited and is organising roof racks and a paddle tomorrow. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
john the pom

Post by john the pom »

Once again, well done Mick she looks a treat!
:idea:
Have you considered making all your open top boats a bit larger?
That way you can fit your smaller kayaks inside them. Storage problem solved. Alternatively:
Matt you really ought to consider making your designs fit inside one another, like them Russian dolls.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Heya John, thanks mate.

My yak shed is only 30' X 20' and sits across one end of an old tarmac surface, tennis court. Gonna build another one just the same down the other end of the tennis court and then run a awning between them, 8)

My little hobbie has become an all consuming obsession. I live, eat, sleep and breath canoe and kayak building now :shock:

A couple of times now, I have even thought that I had achieved Nirvana, the ultimate, no compromise, canoe or kayak and actually thought (briefly), that I would not need to build any more. :shock: :D

Just about then, Matt allways has come up with another lovely design that I just have to have and so the addiction sets in. :D 8) I have completely surrendered to my epoxy cravings and my work now just fills in time between fixes. :D 8)

Hello, my name is Mick and I am an epoxy junkie. :D :lol: -

and luvin it. 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Mick...

Not sure about how you feel but I really think all the cussing , fussing , ranting and moaning was sure worthwhile on this build , she is really sweet.
Now I'm looking forward to some pictures of her on the water with her new (Proud) owner paddling her. :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Mick,
your work continues to amaze me! Awesome job! I can't wait to see what you decide to build next!
bronco302

Post by bronco302 »

Beautiful boat Mick, I love the rounded deck.

Joe W.
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

Astounding
Bob
craig vail

Post by craig vail »

Nice build Mick!