swamp girl complete

Builder show and discuss their progress.
sawdusty

swamp girl complete

Post by sawdusty »

Hi All,

I started this build quite some time ago. Things were going pretty well with the exception of a few challenges that ended up working out. But when I ran out of epoxy and time I strapped the boat up against the ceiling of my garage and proceeded to ignore it for over a year. A few weeks ago I decided it was time to get it done and do some fall smallmouth fishing out of it. I must say that I'm very happy with how it turned out and how it handles in the water. I even have landed a few fish already with here. Here are a few pictures.

Hopefully I did that right.

Happy paddling and good fishing!!
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Fixed your picture links.

She looks might purty!!! :D
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Heya Sawdusty,

Good job mate!! :D

I am sure you are going to love this boat. 8) :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jheger
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

swamp girl

Post by jheger »

Sawdusty,

Great looking boat, is she the 16 foot one? What do you think she weights?
Thanks
sawdustysneeze

weight

Post by sawdustysneeze »

I was a little surprised to find that she weights about 55 lbs. But I guess fiberglassing the inside and all the thickened epoxy I had to use to fix my mistakes added up :oops: Ash gunnels, seat and decks helped add some weight too. I can still move it around pretty easy though.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I stood up in it and was comfortable enough to make quite a few casts. Then I thought, hmm, what if I get hammered :shock: set the hook like a :twisted: and fall into this cold Michigan water. I better sit back down on this nice comfortable rope seat I made. :lol:
Jimmy W

Post by Jimmy W »

That is a good looking boat.

Jimmy
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

Thats a beautiful boat. I love the detail on the deck.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Very nice looking boat, sawdusty. Great detail......and she looks like a real fish-taker...!! :D
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Re: weight

Post by Kayak Jack »

sawdustysneeze wrote:... and fall into this cold Michigan water. I better sit back down on this nice comfortable rope seat I made. :lol:
What part of Michigan are you in? I'm in the East Lansing area.

I like the wide caned area on that seat. Some have way too small a caned area and leave paddlers sitting on the edges of a seat hole that is uncomfortable.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
sawdustysneeze

thanks!

Post by sawdustysneeze »

Thanks for all the kind words.

Kayak Jack, I'm in Kalamazoo.