14-29 Pirogue finished

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

14-29 Pirogue finished

Post by Darrells »

It took awhile but she is finished. Was my first build but I think it turned out pretty good. made a few mistakes and learned alot for the Freedom 15 I will starting shortly. glassed inside and out, bottom is graphite and seat and base are removable for a camp chair. Also i would like to say thanks for all of the advice along the way.
Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: 14-29 Pirogue finished

Post by jem »

nice work!
-Matt. Designer.
bronco302

Post by bronco302 »

Very nice work :D

Joe W.
Jimmy W
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Jimmy W »

Good Job, Nice boat.

Jimmy
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Thats one nice boat...........I also like the two tone effect

It kinda looks right :) :)
footonthesea

Post by footonthesea »

You should be proud. I really like the black graphite extending up the stem and stern "posts". Nice masking tape work.

I didn't see in your post... what was the paint you used for the light drab green?
"And so by the help of God, perhaps it will turn out after all that freedom and my boat can, just possibly, be synonymous." -Moitessier
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

[quote][/quote]what was the paint you used for the light drab green?

It is a Sherwin-Williams latex paint. The color Believe it or not is " Sawdust"

As far as the masking job I cheated. I made a small cross out of 1x2 and drilled a hole the size of a pencil how far down I wanted the graphite, ran that around the boat and then taped the pencil line. Nice and straight :D
Of course the boat was upside down at that time :wink:
Darrell Sykora
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

I picked my endpoints, then snapped a chalkline, and taped to it. Whatever gets the job done.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.