Camp-boat

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
jbo_c
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Camp-boat

Post by jbo_c »

I think the top is canvas. Not sure. Check out the 'roll-up' windows.

I'd rather have a hard top, but I have an idea for making it a pop-up.

Would need to have sitting head room even down though. I think that little boat would push it very low.

Jbo
jbo_c
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by jbo_c »

A little narrow is OK, but it would have to get longer to compensate a little. 'course that would raise the hull speed and efficiency of propulsion too.

Jbo
jbo_c

Post by jbo_c »

Rats, just back from the mailbox. No plans. Figured from their site it might take a little longer.

Matt, if you might be interested in drawing something up, I'll send them to you when they come in as long as you send them back when you're done. Not suggesting any violation of 50 year old copyright rights if there are any. But you might certainly derive some ideas from it.

Only if you're interested.

Jbo
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I wouldn't mind seeing them for conceptual purposes.
-Matt. Designer.
jbo_c

Post by jbo_c »

Plans arrived yesterday. Forwarded them moments ago via e-mail. Be sure to eat them when you're done so we don't hurt anybody's feelings down at the copyright office. :D

It's a cool little boat. Not quite wided enough. My wife and I sleep pretty cozy, but it is still a little narrow for even us to sleep in it.

Lot's of boat for the little wood investment it would require, though. I'll consider maybe a 10% scaleup.

Please do let me know if it gives you any ideas. Like I said, I will be building something along these lines next and I haven't found exactly what I want yet. -though this is REALLY close.

Jbo
jbo_c

Post by jbo_c »

Get it?
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

no not yet
-Matt. Designer.
jbo_c

Post by jbo_c »

Hmmm. I e-mailed it last week. You should have it. I'll send again.

Jbo
jbo_c

Post by jbo_c »

OK. E-mailed to both JEM addresses.

Incidentally, I went ahead and ordered the plans for the "other" one too. Kind of fun to read them.

Jbo
jbo_c

Post by jbo_c »

How about now?