BUMBLE BEE LAUNCH

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Tor
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: BUMBLE BEE LAUNCH

Post by Tor »

Hi Preacher,

I like those pulleys for the anchor set up, where were they from?

Tor
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

Tor wrote:Hi Preacher,

I like those pulleys for the anchor set up, where were they from?

Tor
A walk in visit to West Marine in Mesquite, Texas. They are a little pricey at about $20 each but they are smooth with no skpping. I believe West Marine is pretty large and may have a web site.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

preacher wrote: Image
What are these? They look like Joey's darts for his blow gun.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Used for catching Catfish. We use jugs , those folks get fancy. :lol:
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Well, I guess, then, I gotta ask the next question. HTH do they catch one of those slimy bottom feeders? (Catfish, not lawyers)
Kayak Jack
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Kayak Jack wrote:Well, I guess, then, I gotta ask the next question. HTH do they catch one of those slimy bottom feeders? (Catfish, not lawyers)
Same as with Lawyers , CHOW but in the catfish's favor .. with a hook attached. You use from one to a string of hooks , bait them and toss it out , the line unravels by its own self. When a cat is on there then the pole will either stand upright or if already upright , dance around and move so you know something is on it.

The same thing as with a jug. the jug just sits there , nothing , if it is upright or dancing ( Up and down ) and moving , supper is on the line. At this time you invite the guest of honor aboard the boat and home with you where you introduce him to coating of corn meal , then frying pan , some hush puppies or corn fritters , grits or beans and a cold beer. Sometimes all of the before mentioned goodies. :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
footonthesea

Post by footonthesea »

Nice looking boat. The hull paint with bright deck works great and the customizations are integrated beautifully.

Congrats.

Can someone explain why it is favorable to have the anchor line on a trolley? Is this just to set the anchor at the stern or bow but retrieve from the center? Also, did someone mention using their trolley to troll?

Cheers.
"And so by the help of God, perhaps it will turn out after all that freedom and my boat can, just possibly, be synonymous." -Moitessier
preacher

Post by preacher »

Kayak Jack wrote:
preacher wrote: Image
What are these? They look like Joey's darts for his blow gun.
Stakeout poles. Use them with the anchor trolley to hold your boat on a spot in shallow water without worrying about an anchor. The trolley allows you to move the position of the stakeout pole related to your boat to give you the best casting angle.

I build them out of 6 foot X 1/2 inch fiberglass electric fencepost and noodles. These 10 Red, White and Blue, went to help out HOW (Heros on Water).
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Thanks for the straight answer.
Kayak Jack
preacher

Post by preacher »

I have encountered my first wood boat problem. The through hull bolts on my foot braces pulled through the thin side walls. I was afraid this would happen, when I mounted the foot braces I saw the wood indent pretty easy.

Now for the remedy . . .

Stainless steel parts of course. Oversized the holes, fill with resin and wood flour mixture, then redrill to normal size. Now, maybe, use fender washers?

I also experienced some hull flex under my narrow seat pedestal so I removed the bottom of the pedestal and replaced it with a hull width piece of 1/4 inch plywood with the grain directed across the hull. I again mounted the whole apparatus with industrial velcro so I can remove and/or adjust the seat position. Worked out well this week end.

Back In Action!

Followed a friend's instructions, amazingly simple work. Over sized the holes with a drill, filled with resin and wood flour mixture, let cure for a day then sanded down and redrilled to bolt size. Remounted with stainless steel fender washers to avoid a repeat. Came out strong and solid.

Also, mounted a depth finder with transducer inside the front hatch.

I am now ready to do 8 days of serious salt water excursion and fish catching at Corpus Christi, Texas coast starting next Friday.
Last edited by preacher on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.