From little things big things grow......Okwata 15-26LC

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Artfull Dodger
Type of boat I like: issaquah

From little things big things grow......Okwata 15-26LC

Post by Artfull Dodger »

Matt,

Im bloody excited about this one, the build plans have arrived and it looks fantastic. I started cutting today and I should add what a difference it makes to having had a build under my belt prior to starting on this one. I am about to embark on a ride that shall...... well you all know what I mean i'll leave the poetry to Kayak Jack, Old Sparky and the like. I would like to provide a detailed account of both hours and $$$$ spent as I progress along the way, whilst it may not be so important to some; however it may well be informative to others.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... ure002.jpg
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: From little things big things grow......Okwata 15-26LC

Post by Bemm 52 »

Great you,ve got a start 8)

That Samuri saw looks like something out of Kill Bill :shock: :shock:

Be watching with interest :D
Artfull Dodger

Post by Artfull Dodger »

Hi Bemm,

I managed to get all the panels cut today 23 degress C and not a breath of wind with sun beaming down ahhhhh its gods country alright. Did a quick QA check on the panels amazing, all to the credit of the designer it is no suprise as to the accuracy that can be achieved with all care taken, we are in safe hands (thanks Matt). :) . The sword you mentioned you can see are incredible and I recommend you add one to your'e collection they are so sharp, precise and accurate, even for people like me :roll: I first picked one up at a trade show and was taken with the first cut.

Bemm, I have been tracking your builds and would appreciate both your advice and feedback along the way you have lifted the bar and I would like to lift it higher :lol:. Thanks for the response and can't wait for this to hit the water might give the SOT a run for its money this has lines like of an F1 or Elle Macpherson hehe.

To date:

Relaxation: 15 hrs
Investment: $240.20
Last edited by Artfull Dodger on Sun May 17, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ossie Bruce
Type of boat I like: OKWATA.

Post by Ossie Bruce »

Hi Art,
I have all panels cut and some spliced, then the wife gave me some other jobs, so it is at a standstill for a few weeks untill I finish laying pavers and bulding a garden.

Together with Mick we may be able to start the OKWATA down under club??
Ossie Bruce OKWATA Wet at last
North Queensland
Australia
Artfull Dodger

Post by Artfull Dodger »

Hi Ossie,

Sorry to hear the about the extra duties passed on to you "happy wife happy life" or get one that understands your priorities. :shock: It would be great to get all the Aussies together for a weekend away from top to bottom there certainly is a few builders around, I am sure Bemm 52 would be in it he lives just over the tracks from me. I was fortunate to see his Sabalo build last weekend on a club trip at Spencer on the Hawkesbury river (rain lots of it), his Sabolo build really is something to behold.

:roll: Warning do not try this stunt indoors at home seek spousal permission before attempting. :roll:

Relaxation: 27 hrs
Investment: $240.20

To rudder or not to rudder any ideas would be appreciated??????
:D :lol:
Last edited by Artfull Dodger on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Do the end pour and rig your mounting area like you will install one. If you don't, you've only added a little bit of weight to the hull. But if you don't decide you want a rudder, you'll wish you had.

Looks like she's coming along! 8)
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Art,

And welcome to the world of Okwata! 8)

You are going to freaking LOVE this boat mate. No question about that..

Re a rudder, heed Matt's wise words. :D From a purely paddling perspective, the boat doesn't need one. I take a lote of piccies from my boat and just love getting bow shots. :D by the time I stop paddling and get the camera out of the dry bag etc etc a rudder would be very handy to just keep the boat pointing where I want it.

I am still resisting letting my wife paddle this boat. it is a dead set certainty that once she does, she will want one just like it - only purple :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Ossie Bruce
Type of boat I like: OKWATA.

Post by Ossie Bruce »

Hi Art,
Should be back to building next weekend (I hope to finish enough garden's to allow me some time off) I would love to meet and check out all the boats!
Ossie Bruce OKWATA Wet at last
North Queensland
Australia
Artfull Dodger

Post by Artfull Dodger »

Guys,

Thanks for the advice I have taken it on board and will install a rudder 8) to all in the northern side of the NSW boarder go the blue's.

Stealth

I love this build
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

to all in the northern side of the NSW boarder go the blue's.
Spoken like a true cockroach :P

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!

Matt, ya need a maroon font colour mate.

(For our US cousins, every year, we have a Queensland - New South Wales football series of three matches. Queensland usually wins of course :P but the bloody blues, (NSW) sometimes sneak up on us and snatch a lucky victory. first of this years matches is on Wednesday night can't wait. 8)

Oh yeah, I reckon an Aussie Jem messabout is a great idea. With a little notice, just about anywhere on the east coast will work for me. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)