Touring Pirouge T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Yak
Sounds like you have it together 1/4 or 3/16 laun is what I will build with from now on hate the 1/8 .
I use my boats rough
Ron
Yak
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Yak »

Is there any real advantage to putting the frames on strong backs for the touring V Pirogue? I'm worried about twist and alignment. Remember, this is only my 2nd boat I've built.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Yak
I have never used a strongback . I put in the stations then put boat on two horses I check for level before I start gluing. always has worked ok
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Probably not for a boat such as this. I like a strong back for the multi panel hulls.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
tx river rat

Re: Touring Pirouge T-V

Post by tx river rat »

I just had to add to this post,after another trip in the T-V she is still my best all around boat,
If folks want a sweet handling fast ,stable and load carring boat this is the one.
Ron
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

I cut the cockpit out of the T-V a few days ago and gave her a face lift

Little update on the queen
the cockpit is opened up 4 1/2 inches and wide open from bulkhead to bulkhead. Inside of the cockpit sprayed an almond color

rod holders were reinforced under the deck with some pads and then remountad

I raised the seat to 9 1/2 inches from the floor,put in rails that center my seat and hold it in position but still let me take it out of the boat

under the seat I built two compartments that hold to plastic tackle boxes

there is a third compartment for my machete and sponge

change my tie down for the cooler so it was held in by 2 cabiners but you could still open the lid while it was secure.

Ok thats all for now ,a couple more things and she will be ready.
Ron
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

8) Great redo :wink: Man i've got to get started on my Ice Chest Kayak,but in this Hot weather i think i'm going to mount a fan in my ice chest :lol:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Another little add on to the queen
In Texas after dark you have to run a light that can be seen 360 degrees.

As most of you know I like to build stuff and I usualy want it to do more than one function.
Well here we go again.
I knew I needed a 360 white light on my yak for night running,went to Academy they wanted 50 bucks for one that was an LED. I got to kicking it around in my head and here is what I came up with.
5 dollar led lantern from Wally World

the collar from a piece of plastic 2 inch conduit

I cut it the length I wanted and the slotted the top

got a longer piece that would fit into the collar

took some sheetrock screws and attached the collar

It is a good tight fit the lantern is plenty secure.

I also sloped the bottom

I can use the lantern in the tent ,use the bottom as an extra rod holder,use the lantern stuck out in the water to let me see the rods at night and a 360 light to keep me legal.

Just fits in my rod holders

Ron

Total cost less than 10 dollars
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

I can vouch for how well the light works because I was with Ron last night.
Darrell Sykora
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

That's a good gadget build Ron - so many uses for the parts helps cut down on total weight on a trip.

Didn't realize how versatile you are until now - not only some great mods to the TV but I also notice from your pics that you're building a houseboat! (Gonna be a side wheeler by the look of them cut outs) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.