Sabalo 14

Builder show and discuss their progress.
CC TX
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by CC TX »

CA, nice to have met you and your familiy. Let me know the next time you plan to be in the area. We can go catch a few reds and trout in some of my hot spots of the Shamrock Cove area. Bring your Swamp Girl.
-----
David
CC TX
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by CC TX »

Made a little progress on the front hatch.

Started gluing the rear deck on.
-----
David
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

You have more courage and conviction than I. I could never bring myself to build a boat, and then cut holes into it.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
CC TX

Post by CC TX »

Kayak Jack wrote:You have more courage and conviction than I. I could never bring myself to build a boat, and then cut holes into it.
:lol: That's why I built this boat. I can allways patch it, and you would never know that it was there. I would never cut or drill holes in the plastic kayaks that I had. I knew that I would want to change it.
-----
David
surfman

Post by surfman »

Nice job you are obviously a perfectionist. :D
CC TX

Post by CC TX »

Finally got the Sabalo finished enough to try out. Took it out on the water yesterday evening. Other than a few issues, such as my rudder controls, it performed very well. Posted a few more pictures.
-----
David