cargo trailer to camper conversion

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: cargo trailer to camper conversion

Post by Darrells »

Got alittle more done today. Built the bed frame with a cabinet over the top and painted the inside. I ran across a good deal on some vinyl tile today so tomorrow I am going to lay a floor in it. I built the bed frame on hinges so it can be folded out of the way.

Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

wow!
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

I had some 120 volt undercounter lites laying around from a job, so I converted them to 12 volts for my trailer. Still use the regular t12 bulbs just change the ballast.

The lite is 2 feet long and pulls 2 amps@ 12 volts. This same ballst with ignite any flourescent buld from 18"-4'.

The lite in the upper right is 120 volts and the lower lite is my new 12 volt lite.

Here is a pic of a 4' green lite made in the same way.

The ballasts are available from:
Ballast
#OIB-153
http://www.solarseller.com/thinlite_bal ... 143_to_162
Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

I ordered a LED lite for my trailer, but after seing it I am going to order 2 or 3 more. These things are super bright and would be ideal to attach to your yak for night paddling. My office is 16x14 and one of these lites it up pretty well. It pulls 350 MA so one of the small 12 amp hour deer feeder batteries would run 1 or 2 for a long time.

Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Took a deep breath and took a grinder with a cutting wheel to the doors of my trailer tonight to install a couple of small windows. After measuring about six times I cut the holes and installed the windows. They worked out very well.

I also got some of the wiring done. I sure do like these LED lights. I am running three-six bulb lights inside on 12 volts and they pull less than one amp combined. I also drilled a 3" hole in the side of the trailer to install the 120 volt power hatch and cord. The trailer is kind of utilitarian because I will still need to work out of it some . If I made it too nice I would not want to use it for work anymore.:)

Darrell Sykora
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

Looking Great :D

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson