WADEFISH UPGRADES

Post your own building tips and "how to" ideas here.
Bellybuster
Type of boat I like: pirogues kayaks

Re: WADEFISH UPGRADES

Post by Bellybuster »

have you figured out why this particular wadefish has this problem??? From what I've read others do not experience this.
I'm very much interested in the wadefish for my next build and would love to see "why" you are flooding out
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

Bellybuster wrote:have you figured out why this particular wadefish has this problem??? From what I've read others do not experience this.
I'm very much interested in the wadefish for my next build and would love to see "why" you are flooding out

I think the other Wadefish have got this trait but not all builders consider it a problem
Bellybuster

Post by Bellybuster »

yes further reading shows this to be correct
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

One thing you could check with out cutting:

If you put the hull on dry land on top of a broom stick that is laterally placed under it, where would it's balance be? Should be just forward of where your hips are when you sit in it.

If it's trimmed forward, that COULD be part of the issue.
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

Matt this confuses me a little but I tried your experiment................how is it boat is heavy trim forward when built to plans :? :?

Piece of wood across cockpit lines up with balance point..............about 12" from aft wall and 5" from break to scuppers :shock: is this where it should be :|
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

How much customization did you do on the front?
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

only to recess foot braces other wise boat is to plans......... I did the same on my Sabalo with no detriment so I thought it would be OK on Wadefish.
Bellybuster

Post by Bellybuster »

just curious, is this the 27 or 32" wadefish?
thanks
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Its the 27" beam Wadefish
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Water problem solved :) dam wall worked................ 10km paddle many ins and outs water stayed where it should be...............so SWMBO is happy :shock: ....so am I :wink: