Tor's Sasquatch 14-30 (littlefoot)

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Tor
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Tor's Sasquatch 14-30 (littlefoot)

Post by Tor »

:lol:

Have the plans but I have no intention of starting yet, just wanted to get the first post for this magnificent craft.

Looked through the plans and it's gonna take a little longer than the DK, but by gum it'll be a good'un.

Gotta go and pack for my hols now...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tor :P
coogzilla
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by coogzilla »

Good day Tor.
Hurry and build one. I got the plans too. I have to finish one
I'm doing first. It sure looks like a pretty boat.

Regards, Keith :) :)
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Tor & Coogs,

Just how good is this? :D

My - err Robins :lol: Sas14 plans are on the way and I think there are a bunch of other Sas14s about to be built around the same time too.

I think this boat is allready a big hit and one hasn't even seen water yet. 8) just wait till a few start paddling these little beauties. I reckon they will very quickly become a classic and very popular canoe.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Hey Tor!!.......you've got it bad!!! :lol:
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day John.

You going to build one of these lovely little ladies too? :wink:

C'mon mate, ya know ya wanna :P :P
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Hi Mick.........simple answer........Yes!! :D
Along with about half a dozen others I've a hankering for. Don't know where the hell I'm gonna keep them. I'll just have to build and give them away to good homes...... :lol:
At least Tor's finished his first one.......which is more than I've done..... Not far off though.
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

Tor

Post by Tor »

Hey fella's,

Just to put you all straight, it's complete, it's not finished.

I'm making the most of a bit of free time whilst the weather is cool down here.

Come November I need to do a heap of fine sanding and apply several coats of paint/varnish (she's stored under cover).

so not quite there... :D but I can paddle which is the main thing.

Tor
Tor

Re: Tor's Sasquatch 14-30 (littlefoot)

Post by Tor »

Well it's been a long time in coming but I've got going.

Unfortunately I don't have many pictures as I haven't given myself a lot of time to finish I started 3rd Jan and have to strap it to the roof for a holiday on 22nd...

I stitched it all together 8th and so far only had one day off work to do it.

It's a manic build but I can't leave the Southwind behind in favour of the DK and I can't get both the DK and SW on the car and I have been told that we all have to paddle together I won't get 5 in the Southwind....

Tor
olsnappa

Re: Tor's Sasquatch 14-30 (littlefoot)

Post by olsnappa »

Hey Tor........
While I'm working away on Laker 2 this weekend, hunched over the work bench dripping sweat on everything, I'll think of you doing the same thing....... Ahhh Melbourne summers. Don't you love 'em? :D
It's 8:30am and you can feel the heat building up already......the dogs have already settled into a sand scrape under some bushes. Their panting heads look out from under the shrubbery, watching me in my tin shed and I know they're thinking....... "He's gone mad"!!
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board