Touring T-V (SS) Electric

Builder show and discuss their progress.
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Re: Touring T-V (SS) Electric

Post by preacher »

SSSSAAAWWEEEEETT!

Man, I hope my wife don't see this post, I would instantly be building another boat . . . for her.
tw541
Type of boat I like: All boats

Post by tw541 »

I have done a little more on this boat. It seems like I work on it everyday but have little to show for it. I finally have it figured out, I think. I have the livewell and seat base glued in. I used a 1 1/4" aluminum tube for a drain from the front to the back. The other aluminum tubes are for the steering lines and electrical cables.

I fitted the livewell hatch and floor for the area where the batteries will be.

This boat is really starting to come together like I wanted. I really think the second boat will go quickly. I spend more time thinking and planning how I want things than actually building. I am still debating where to put the depthfinder transducer. I think I will put it under the seat instead of on the transom. I have never liked having a transducer on the back of the boat. But, on the other hand, I don't like the idea of cutting a hole in the bottom either. Even filled with epoxy and covered with cloth, I still think it will be a weak spot in the hull, and sooner or later, that spot will hit a stump. Still thinking about it.
Terry
CrkdLtr
Type of boat I like: Pirogue

Post by CrkdLtr »

Good grief... :shock: very nice!
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

tw541 wrote: I think I will put it under the seat instead of on the transom. I have never liked having a transducer on the back of the boat. But, on the other hand, I don't like the idea of cutting a hole in the bottom either. Even filled with epoxy and covered with cloth, I still think it will be a weak spot in the hull, and sooner or later, that spot will hit a stump. Still thinking about it.
I cut a hole in my Sabalo hull filled it with thickened epoxy then glassed over it when I glassed outside of the hull........ also glassed the inside

The boat has a pretty rough and tumble life and Ive had no problems with the cutout

Nice build by the way :)
GaryB
Type of boat I like: kayaks piroque

Post by GaryB »

was this made from a set of custom plans from JEM ?
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

If done properly, (as I can see you'll do), I wouldn't hesitate cutting in your transducer. Would you please post the finished weight?
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
tw541
Type of boat I like: All boats

Post by tw541 »

I hope to get back to work on these boats soon.

Yes, these are from a custom set of plans from Matt. It is based on the TV, but is quite a bit wider. When I get closer to being finished, I will weigh one of them and post the weight. It will be pretty heavy for a 12'6'' boat, but I have planned from the beginning to trailer them. I put in a lot of reinforcing to support the weight of two deep cycle batteries when on the trailer.
Terry
GaryB
Type of boat I like: kayaks piroque

Post by GaryB »

I think I'm going to go with your plan but keep it a little lighter. I'm going to use one battery and a 30lb thrust trolling motor.Ideally I want to transport in the bed of my truck.
again great job !!