Photo Help

Builder show and discuss their progress.
PAT
Type of boat I like: LAKER

Photo Help

Post by PAT »

I am trying to upload some photos of a Laker 13 build, but I can't figure out the correct procedure. Any Help?

Thanks-

Patrick
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Photo Help

Post by OnkaBob »

Patrick,
Not sure how much you already know so starting at the beginning the general process is:

- Join an image hosting site such as Imagshack (the one I use) or Photobucket (which most people say is better)
- Upload the photos to the hosting site (follow the instructions on their site)

You then need to put the address (URL) of the photo in your post so it will show up as a picture.
(An example of a URL from a current build is:
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab30 ... 40x480.jpg
This URL needs to be between 2 image tags that indicate that it is an image address.)

To do this:
- Once you have started the post look at the toolbar area just above the edit window and among the commands for formatting and editing there will be one with "Img" in it.
- Click the "Img" box and it will put the image tags Img and /Img (each within square brackets) in your post.
- Copy the URL (location) of the photo and paste that into your post between the image tags (The letters "Img" between square brackets show the beginning of an image address and "/Img" between square brackets indicate the end of it.)

The difficulty with explaining this is that if I try to give you a full example the computer will show it as a picture instead of the text that you need to see. So you just have to imagine the image tags in square brackets with the URL between them. Maybe someone else has a way of explaining better.

Looking forward to seeing your Laker.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
David Kopera
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by David Kopera »

Pat,

Matt recently posted some very good instructions on uploading pictures. Check the Active Topics tab and you should be able to find it.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.