Reason For My Lack of Boatbuilding

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Reason For My Lack of Boatbuilding

Post by Darrells »

I have been wanting a new shop for awhile,so I got rid of my old shop/portable building in preparation for building a new shop. I have been around construction my whole life (40 years) so i have come to be friends with a lot of different trades. A couple of months ago a concrete contractor needed some electrical work done at his house so we did some horse swapping. He needed electricity and I needed concrete. Well thankfully everyone around here is busy ( which means I am busy also) so it has been a couple months before he has had the chance to set-up and pour my foundation. Tomorrow morning at 9:00 he has trucks scheduled to pour my new shop. :D
( A framer owes me some favors also and I happen to have a Buddy that works for a lumber distributor) so it should not be long now before the NorthWind is well underway.

Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Reason For My Lack of Boatbuilding

Post by jem »

Now that's a man sized shop!

No rebar?
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

It was time to go to the Casa by the time that had it all leveled. ReBar will be laid in the morning.
Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

FYI: That Blazer in the background of the first pic is my future fishing/hunting rig IF I ever get time to drop a motor in it. So many projects, So little time.........
Darrell Sykora
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

All it needs is some lumber thrown up on it now. If you notice the two gray boxes in the foundation in the first picture, they are floor plugs where my table saw will set. Cutting down on extension cords.
Darrell Sykora
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

Where is the jealousy emoticon? That will be an awesome shop when its done.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Yes.....I too am developing serious shed ENVY!!
It's gonna be a beauty!! :D
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Got to have the proper accommodations to build a fine boat like the NorthWind. :lol:
Darrell Sykora
David Kopera

Post by David Kopera »

Reminds me of my shop....I had four gang outlets put in every six feet along the walls, each with its own breaker. There are also four sets in the ceiling. As long as I don't hang myself going around the project, I will be fine......
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

My lumber package is supposed to be delivered Friday. I have called in all the favors I am owed from framers so maybe we can get pretty well framed Saturday.
Darrell Sykora