olsnappa's Paddle Board

Builder show and discuss their progress.
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

olsnappa's Paddle Board

Post by olsnappa »

I'm still busy on my second Laker 14 but with downtime brought on by the winter temperatures, I thought I'd start the cutting out for the next project..... The Paddle Board.
Scrabbled around to find some decent off cuts and cut out the frames and transom. :D
Frames 1 - 6 and transom
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: olsnappa's Paddle Board

Post by Bemm 52 »

Good use of those offcuts watching with interest ,not sure if my balance is up to a paddle board. :shock: :shock:
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

G'day Paul....
:D Yeah, I'm not too sure about my balance either....at least as far as standing up on it anyway.
Might have to rope my son into testing her out first when she's done.
Began lofting out the panels today.
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

All panels are cut out.
Hope to begin putting her together soon :D
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

More done today…..
Bottom panels butt blocked together…….
……and QA check done and all is well.
Must confess to a brain fade moment though….. :D
I was checking QA2 on one set of panels and came in with a measurement of more than an inch under what it should have been.
Did it again with the same result so leapt on the interweb thingy and pm’d Matt with my dilemma.
Matt answered straight back asking for a photo… (always amazes me how prompt his response is to a question)
Went out and set up again to take a shot and the measurement came out good…only 1/16th out.(which I'll live with)
I think I might have had the string line snagged on the upper edge of the panel resulting in the line being pulled in towards the centre line giving me the short measure.
Don’t know how I missed it (twice!!) but,…there ya go! :oops:
Sheepish pm sent back to Matt explaining and apologizing for wasting his time......which was accepted with good grace.
Cheers Matt :D
Hope to get panels joined later today or tomorrow....
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Its amazing how often you do that. Check something & its wrong. Check it again & make the same mistake again & again because you get in that mind set that "IT MUST BE RIGHT COS I DID IT!!!"

Come back the next day & there is the answer staring you in the face. :D :D :D :D
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

It happens to everyone... or at least I tell myself that to make myself feel better. :roll:

I think the biggest "duh" moment I had was some years ago when I was getting ready for work. I'm late getting out the door and I can't find my other work shoe. I'm starting to freak out because I had a big meeting that could lead to promotion.

So I'm running around the house like a madman with one shoe on my foot and my daughter who was maybe 7 at the time sheepishly asks "Daddy isn't that the other shoe in your hand?".

Oops... forgot I was holding it. :oops: :lol:
-Matt. Designer.
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Post by neon14 »

Looking good! I hope to get my build started very soon.
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Well, I'm hoping to get going again on the paddle board soon. It's been an incredibly frustrating and painful few months.
In early December I (somehow) did some major damage to my back. Had a couple of months of pain and immobility like I've never experienced before.
I was off work for over eight weeks.....spending most of my days lying flat on the family room floor because it was the only position I was relatively pain free.
The catch is, of course, that the boredom nearly kills you!! :x
Staggered out to the shed most days and stared longingly at my current build.... All this time on my hands and I couldn't do a bloody thing with it!!! :roll:
Attempts to do a few bits and pieces on the paddle board lasted about 2 minutes before I had to just about crawl back to the house to hit the floor again!!
Anyway, months of physio and medication sees me back on my feet.....back at work (on light duties for the past few weeks) and ready to pick up the build again.
Only hold up now are a few house maintenance tasks that have built up during the time.......
Hmmm.....It would be more prudent of me to get those out of the way first. "Her indoors" has been very caring and patient with her patient.....but I'd be pushing my luck leave them any longer. :lol:
Seeing the great work neon14's done on his paddle board's really got me fired up to finish mine.....and my son's itching to get it out on the water!
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

Whirly
Type of boat I like: 18-36 Trapper

Post by Whirly »

Glad to hear you're on the mend Mate.

Better get the young fella to assist with the build-up of house jobs, so you can get on with the really imoprtant stuff...like getting on with the paddle board, :D The sooner "Her Indoors" is smiling, the sooner he'll be able to scatch that itch....

Look forward to seeing the progress
Cheers,
Whirly