CAPE FEAR STRIPPER- More Pictures Added

Builder show and discuss their progress.
David Kopera
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: CAPE FEAR STRIPPER- very close to the end

Post by David Kopera »

Sure is looking good :lol: ...
A lot of hard work and lots of time, but the results are well worth the wait!!!
Sure does look great so far...............
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

ALL fiberglass is in place! Yea!

Last night I got the first coat of graphite on the bottom. At least 2 more coats and then I start the final finish of resin and on to varnish.

I did get the front hatch cut out and all holes drilled for mounting all hatches, rod holders and everything else except the trolley pulleys. Not sure I want to mess up the looks with a trolley.

:mrgreen:

I may have to build a special paddle for this puppy.
preacher

Post by preacher »

Well, set backs seem to be a way of life lately. Doctor called it Plantar Faciaitis and told me to spend less time on my feet.

But I have managed to finish the bottom and lower portion of the side panel and I am very pleased with the looks.
Bow view.
Stern view.
Hoping it will be cured out enough tonight to turn it over in the morning and complete the topside.
My oldest son (Hambone) and I are going to Galveston Bay this weekend, hope this puppy is ready :wink:
preacher

Re: CAPE FEAR STRIPPER- Bottom done

Post by preacher »

Tonight I will re-sand with 220 grit and add the last coat of resin. Hopefully Varnish Wednesday night or Thursday.
Bellybuster
Type of boat I like: pirogues kayaks

Re: CAPE FEAR STRIPPER- More Pics

Post by Bellybuster »

that is one fine looking craft Preacher. Thank you so much for allowing me time away from work to observe your byuild online.
You should definitly get some good high res pics on launch day. I can't wait to see this one on the water
preacher

Re: CAPE FEAR STRIPPER- More Pics

Post by preacher »

I'm starting my varnish tonight. Tomorrow night I re-install the rigging and Friday my oldest son and I drive 300 miles to Galveston Bay looking for a ton of fish slime to break this boat in first thing Saturday morning.

Matt,
Thank you so much for this design, it is beautiful (to me). I will be doing a lot of inshore (bay) fishing but may also do some BTB (beyond the breakers) off the beach to see how she handles there.

Hopefully I will have a ton of pictures next week.
DannyBoy
Type of boat I like: canoes and SOT kayaks

Re: CAPE FEAR STRIPPER- LAUNCHING THIS WEEKEND

Post by DannyBoy »

Great looking boat preacher!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I m stuck here in the big sand box, so ill eagerly await the slime pics!! awsome boat and thanks for logging it so well gave me alot of ideas for my upcoming boats for me and my son. once i get out of this danged sand box lol.
HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE,

Pirogue 14-29, DK Touring Canoe, 14 jon boat, soon to be added Wadefish 15-32 and Sabalo for my sons senoir project.
Tor
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Tor »

very purty and a little bit shiney
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

Preacher,
Where abouts on Galveston Bay will you be putting in at?
Bob
preacher

Post by preacher »

Wannabe wrote:Preacher,
Where abouts on Galveston Bay will you be putting in at?
Bob
We will launch first (Saturday) at Stingaree and maybe later at Rollover Pass. From reports we will be launching early morning and late afternoon. Midday we may be fishing the surf, possibly BTB (beyond the breakers). My son will be fishing my Bumble Bee Pirogue so that boat won't go through the surf but I'm taking my OK Big Game as a backup.