TV 15-29 Build-a-long

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

TV 15-29 Build-a-long

Post by Phishtech »

I did it, got my table set up Saturday afternoon, layed the ply on it and commenced laying out the TV. I started with the bottom panels since they looked to be the easiest. Nothing to it, just carefully follow Matt's instructions, double and triple check each measurment, and go for it. If I can do it, anyone can. Once I started, I couldn't stop til I had all four panels cut out, sanded and checked for accuracy.

First step into the addiction:

Nothing to it !!

Stern shot----Man-o-man, this thing is sleek!!

From the bow:

Messed up the stern shot from above, here it is again.
Last edited by Phishtech on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: TV 15-29 Build-a-long

Post by tx river rat »

Your hooked now,and you will love that boat.
Ron
Phishtech

Post by Phishtech »

Yes, Ron, I am officially hooked due to your glowing recommendation of the TV, along with the others who have built it.
Can't get back to it til this Wednesday, that's when I'll do the side panels. Maybe I can do some stitching this weekend.
jackjama
Type of boat I like: pirogue tv

Post by jackjama »

Looks great and looks fun. Keep taking pictures it is a help to many I am sure. It sounds like this is your first boat and your log will give inspiration to other first timers.

I also purchased the same plans and intend to post. I don't think I will move on as fast as you but I have started and have taken some pictures to post my progress.

Have you decided how you are going to finish the top?
Jackjama

Freedom 17
Pirogue TV 15-29 in progress
Phishtech

Post by Phishtech »

jackjama wrote:
Have you decided how you are going to finish the top?
Right now I have several ideas for decking. Maybe 5' up front and none in back or a 3' in back to go with the 5'. I may just leave it all open???? I'll keep looking at the build logs on the forum to see what final idea I can come up with.
Phishtech

Post by Phishtech »

I got all the panels cut out this weekend. Next I wanted to lay out the temp. frames. I had cad'd the frames full size and plotted them a week or so ago. To prove my work I layed out frame #5 according to Matt's instructions, then cut out the pattern I'd printed and overlaid it. Perfect!!.. So, I simply layed the printed frames on the ply, poked a hole at each intersection, removed the print and basically connected the dots. I had all 8 temp. frames drawn on the ply in about 30 minutes. As Mick would say: "it worked a treat!"

Next step is to drill the stitch holes and start putting her together.