New T-V Brazos Queen

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

New T-V Brazos Queen

Post by tx river rat »

I have built several boats and the T-V is still queen for my type of camping and running. Still my best all around boat.
The original T-V was built with some 1/8 merentia ply that is junk
so with Matts blessings I am going to build another one .
This will be built from ceder and maybe some white pine ,she will be a strip stitch @ glue .
I started laying her out today.
I have the plans to the Northwind and the cuda 18 but like Darrel said I know what the T-V will do so it strip cutting time again.
Ron
PS oh there will be a couple twist thrown in on this build also :lol: :lol:
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: New T-V Brazos Queen

Post by craiggamesh »

tx river rat wrote: PS oh there will be a couple twist thrown in on this build also :lol: :lol:

Anxious to see the twists
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
i smell smoke

Post by i smell smoke »

i will be watching so keep us updated .
this is what my next build is going to be , but i am going to wait just a bit see if matt gets the shorter one on the drawing board .
but if i have the swamp girl all done dusted and i get itchy i might have to build a long one .
still have to pickup those cedar planks yet , i have made the roof bars to cart them home on.
its is starting to get pretty hot here now and we are in the hay makin seasons which is keeping me busy.
........with twists ????????????????????????????.
johno
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

The first twist this boat will be stretched to 16 ft 10 inches. :lol:
Ron
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

tx river rat wrote:The first twist this boat will be stretched to 16 ft 10 inches. :lol:
Ron
Man! Darrell is going 17 feet and you're going 16 feet 10 inches!! I better stock up on cedar while theres some left. LOL

I know I love my 2 long boats, the Bumble Bee at 16'2" and the Cape Fear at 15'6". They are stable as an aircraft carrier and your's will be even more stable.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Ron will be paddling his new boat before I get wood cut, I have never seen anyone build a boat as fast as he can. I swear the last boat he built he posted up about cutting strips and the next day posted the paddling report. :lol:
Darrell Sykora
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

This build stemmed from a conversation Darrel and I had. I was trying to make up my mind about which boat to build next, the Cuda 18, or the Northwind s@g.
Darrel made a comment that I already knew what the T-V would
preform like , that did it .
I want all the best traits of all my boats in this one and all my little add ons that make camping so much better.
adding nearly 2 ft should generate a little more speed and tracking, stability plus it lets me set the cockpit length and hatch lengths to the spec I want.
After building some boats at 12 ,13, 15,16 ft I found that the longer boats were the top performers and were no more trouble to handle.
I love the T-V 15 fter . And I hope this one will even be better.
Ron