Laker 12'

Per request from the many Laker builders, the section is dedicated to braggin' about your Laker kayak.
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Re: Laker 12'

Post by Phishtech »

Maybe you could attach some "D" rings and get some adjustable webbing straps from Academy and use that for thwarts. That's what I'm thinking of using in my TV 15-29.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Thwarts need to be stiff and hold the sides out ,2 million canoes cant be wrong :D
Seriously the pressure of the water pushing in exerts the force that you need to combat with thwarts. take you a large Styrofoam cup and shove it down into the water and see what happens.
Ron
makenmend
Type of boat I like: kayak canoe

Post by makenmend »

Richard that was my thought on the decks as well,it will be a trial and error thing for a while

phish I kind of jury rigged something like that yesterday and had a 130l lb lady paddle test the boat, sat perfect in the water at that weight and she agreed without my input,gets up to speed quickly and easy to maintain,tracks and glides great, ( she paddles a 12' manta regularly).

Ron that would just ruin my coffee :lol:

MM
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

with a more appropraite load.[urlImage][/url]
rhutchinson
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and Canoes.

Post by rhutchinson »

So does she like her new boat? :D

Richard
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap !!!
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Post by neon14 »

I got to paddle this boat last weekend. I cant believe how fast it was, and how well it tracked. And it was super light! My youngest son took a liking to this one. Another boat to add to the list :D
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

Alas the boat is no longer in my boathouse.

Daughter highjacked it, now resides in Fort Worth :roll: Good thing is it will see more use and it makes more room for me play with :idea:

MM