Almost finished

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Almost finished

Post by Phishtech »

This past weekend I put the graphite coat on the bottom of my TV 15-29. I put some on the bow and stern also. Just a little more work to do: got to figger out where I want the thwarts, I'm thinking of a way to put in temporary ones so I can move them around whenever the wife wants to paddle with me. This week I'll put it in the pool and find out where the seat should go, then maybe by the coming weekend she'll be ready for the water. All in all it's been a fun project and I can't wait to get started on the next one. Learned a lot, and as usual, Matt's plans and instructions made my boat turn out great. She's not a work of art since she's my first build. A friend told me that the rule of thumb is that they now get cheaper to make, easier to build, and lighter. Thanks, Matt. I'll post pics of her maiden voyage and a report on how she paddles.

tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Almost finished

Post by tx river rat »

Phish
You did great ,good looking build
Ron
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

Thanks, Ron.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

nice job. She looks ready to get some fish!
-Matt. Designer.
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by craiggamesh »

Now that she is beautiful and shiny, it's time to put her in the water and go scratch it up!
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Whirly
Type of boat I like: 18-36 Trapper

Post by Whirly »

Nice and sleek looking Phish. Reckon you'll have some fun when you get her wet. Well done Mate.