Pirogue's first paddle

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Earvin
Type of boat I like: Okwata.

Pirogue's first paddle

Post by Earvin »

I have had the flu for about 2 weeks now, woke up this morning, wasn't feeling 100% so rang my clients and cancelled my appointments. Then I decided I may as well go for a paddle and test out the Pirogue. I was most excited about getting my 20 month old daughter in the boat and see what she thought about it. I had bought her a PFD a couple of days before but was not sure how she would feel about being on the water. Once we got to our destination though we couldn't stop her going for a paddle. Once on the water she didn't want to get out, and it was me who had to say maybe we shoulod go back and see how mummy is going? She was spotting ducks, swans and boats and wanting to go for a look. It was the best days paddling I have had for a while, perhaps ever :D . Sharing it with my daughter was something special.

Oh yeah and the Touring Pirogue exceeded my expectations. Very stable, easy to maneuver, and relatively efficient to paddle. It surprised me actually.

Simon

"It is better to travel well than to arrive".
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Re: Pirogue's first paddle

Post by PiratePete »

Earvin wrote: I was most excited about getting my 20 month old daughter in the boat and see what she thought about it. I had bought her a PFD a couple of days before but was not sure how she would feel about being on the water. Once we got to our destination though we couldn't stop her going for a paddle. Once on the water she didn't want to get out, and it was me who had to say maybe we shoulod go back and see how mummy is going? She was spotting ducks, swans and boats and wanting to go for a look. It was the best days paddling I have had for a while, perhaps ever :D . Sharing it with my daughter was something special.
Sounds to me you have found the meaning of life. . . . :D :D :D :D :D
Earvin

Post by Earvin »

PiratePete wrote: Sounds to me you have found the meaning of life. . . . :D :D :D :D :D
Maybe :wink:.

I think her watching sea kayaking dvd's from an early age has helped her curiosity with "kayaky" as she calls it.
Simon

goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

It doesn't get much better than that Earvin! I hope your daughter grows to love the outdoor natural life and your family is enriched by the simple enjoyment your efforts have made available. :D
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I hooked 2 generations in 1 boat! :mrgreen:
-Matt. Designer.
Earvin

Post by Earvin »

jem wrote:I hooked 2 generations in 1 boat! :mrgreen:

Matt - She will probably want her own boat soon. She is a very independent young lady already.
Simon

Earvin

Post by Earvin »

goanywhere wrote:It doesn't get much better than that Earvin! I hope your daughter grows to love the outdoor natural life and your family is enriched by the simple enjoyment your efforts have made available. :D
Hey mate. She is already an outdoors girl, and has been going camping and 4wding since she was a few months old. She is my little clone - loves kayaking, Land Rovers, and camping :D. It is very important for kids to be connected to nature, IMO, and if they can learn some skills along the way, then even better.
Simon

Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

G,day Simon,

Bloody good job mate!

The touring pirogue is an amazing boat with surprising performance for such a simple design. I am certain that you and your little girl are gonna have a lot of fun in her.
Earvin

Post by Earvin »

Mick wrote:G,day Simon,

Bloody good job mate!

The touring pirogue is an amazing boat with surprising performance for such a simple design. I am certain that you and your little girl are gonna have a lot of fun in her.
Thanks Mick. It certainly shows you can keep it simple and still have some fun.

I just have to stock up on some fishing gear now, I stopped fishing a few years back and got rid of my gear. That's going to be fun too :D .
Simon