Black Friday Preview: Sabalo 12

Info about our Products and Services
Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Black Friday Preview: Sabalo 12

Post by Manjimike »

Welcome Tony,
As you have posted on this topic you will get notifications unless you change the settings

Cheers
Mike
Earvin
Type of boat I like: Okwata.

Post by Earvin »

jem wrote:And before someone says it: Yes I'm playing with a wood strip SOT but that's several weeks away from being a set of plans for sale.
:D
Simon

"It is better to travel well than to arrive".
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

OneLastCast wrote:
I'm just going to go and google this "Black Friday" - hope it's soon.
"Black Friday" is an American term. It refers to the day after our Thanksgiving holiday (Thanksgiving is always on the Thursday) in November which is the busiest retail shopping day of the year due to Christmas approaching. A lot of people have off on that Friday. Retails stores do so much business it's puts the in the the "black" (being profitable) for the year. Most stores tend to have their best special offers of the year to get people to shop at their store. This year it's Nov 25.
-Matt. Designer.
rodot
Type of boat I like: Okwata kayak

Post by rodot »

"Black Friday" is an American term. It refers to the day after our Thanksgiving holiday (Thanksgiving is always on the Thursday) in November which is the busiest retail shopping day of the year due to Christmas approaching. A lot of people have off on that Friday. Retails stores do so much business it's puts the in the the "black" (being profitable) for the year. Most stores tend to have their best special offers of the year to get people to shop at their store. This year it's Nov 25.
I'm glad you cleared that up Matt. I only know of friday the 13th as "black friday" and there are none one them in the near future. The Sabalo 12 sure looks a winner though.

Roger
Okwata LC,
Northwind,
Quetico
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

One more thought to give you a good picture of what Black Friday is like in shopping centers: Feeding Frenzy.

Some stores will have items that are normally $1000 marked down to $200 for the first 10 they sell. People will camp out over night in electronic stores parking lots to get these deals. Retailers are now starting these sales at midnight the day before and will stay open 24 hours through that weekend.

One year my wife tried to get in on the good deals. Her and her friend got up at 4am and got some great stuff pretty cheap. But they say they missed the "really" good ones by a couple hours. :shock:

I'd rather stay home in bed. So that's why my Black Friday promotion lasts a good 2 weeks. :D
-Matt. Designer.
Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Manjimike »

jem wrote:One more thought to give you a good picture of what Black Friday is like in shopping centers: Feeding Frenzy.

Some stores will have items that are normally $1000 marked down to $200 for the first 10 they sell. People will camp out over night in electronic stores parking lots to get these deals. Retailers are now starting these sales at midnight the day before and will stay open 24 hours through that weekend.

One year my wife tried to get in on the good deals. Her and her friend got up at 4am and got some great stuff pretty cheap. But they say they missed the "really" good ones by a couple hours. :shock:

I'd rather stay home in bed. So that's why my Black Friday promotion lasts a good 2 weeks. :D
Sounds like our Boxing Day sales -26th Dec

Cheers
Mike
OneLastCast
Type of boat I like: Sabalo 12

Post by OneLastCast »

Thanks Mike. I won't be making any changes to notification settings.
And thanks Matt - 25th sounds great (and a fun day for all it seems).
One question - 5 sheets of 4mm?
Regards

Tony
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

4 sheets.
-Matt. Designer.
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks