Hello. Wood Source? Build Options?

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Hello. Wood Source? Build Options?

Post by tx river rat »

I use 1/4 by 3/4 strips then after I glue them up run them through the planner they are just shy of a 1/4
Ron
Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Manjimike »

Thanks Ron
MoSportsman
Type of boat I like: touring pirogue TV 32.

Post by MoSportsman »

Thanks for the listings here in the middle of the fly over states.

Woodman, there is a place up here and a branch in Jeff city that kiln dry all there own Missouri native hardwood lumber.
Cardwell Lumber. There main location is in Novelty about twenty miles north east of Macon. They send white oak all over the world to age your whisky and wine.

Tom
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks

Post by woodman »

Tom.... I think their is a place up by St.Joe that does local Mo. lumber also..

Any way Liberty Hardwoods in KC. has an outlet a few blocks from Cedar Tree in Iowa and they should be able to ship down here..

Steve
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

For a first build I wouldn't use expensive ply. I thought about it for my first build but went with the 5mm Luanne from Home Depot (Lowe's has it, too). $10 a sheet and I'm glad I got it cause I made lots of mistakes on mine. Welcome to the forum and we'll help any way we can. Chuck and Matt are to genuine guru's here and they won't steer you the wrong way.

Phishtech