Canoe weight.

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
bobbo
Type of boat I like: sit on top fishing kayak.

Canoe weight.

Post by bobbo »

This may seem a foolish question..like .."How long is a piece of string?" But..I'm only after a rough estimate.
In a about a 12 foot open canoe made of , say 4mm sides and 6mm bottom; what would be considered a light craft?
john the pom
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Canoe weight.

Post by john the pom »

About 150 watt :idea:
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

bobbo wrote:This may seem a foolish question..like .."How long is a piece of string?" But..I'm only after a rough estimate.
In a about a 12 foot open canoe made of , say 4mm sides and 6mm bottom; what would be considered a light craft?
yikes... there's a bunch of other stuff that would need to be answered in that somewhat accurately. A very big ballpark guesstimate would be 35-40 lbs if it was in the 30" wide range. You could go 5 pounds on either side of that depending on the actual design and construction.

The Eno about that size.

http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=Eno
-Matt. Designer.
makenmend
Type of boat I like: kayak canoe

Post by makenmend »

bobbo
Type of boat I like: sit on top fishing kayak.

Post by bobbo »

Thank you to Jem & Makenmend. I was only after an experinced estimate and now I've got it. A valuable yardstick.
That's a beaut little Laker, Makenmend.
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

bobbo wrote:Thank you to Jem & Makenmend. I was only after an experinced estimate and now I've got it. A valuable yardstick.
That's a beaut little Laker, Makenmend.
The JEM Eno looks like a fine craft to me and I've been looking hard at it. Maybe you could build one and let us know how good it is. I've got a few other boats to build before I can do the Eno. Phishtech