Sabalo 12

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Sabalo 12

Post by neon14 »

Matt, I have been looking at the sabalo 12 since you came out with the plans. Do you think it would be ok to use 4oz glass instead of 6oz? Fixing to order glass for a current project, might as well order glass for a future project too.

Will
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Sabalo 12

Post by jem »

Yes.

Download the BOM from the product details and it shows using 4-ounce as an option.
-Matt. Designer.
neon14

Post by neon14 »

Got the plans today! Fiberglass will be here Thursday or Friday. I have now kicked into high gear on the current build to get it finished. I figure sometime next week it will hit the water. After that the Jem paddle board gets a fresh coat of paint and varnish. There is a boat builder gathering here in Texas next month and I want it to look spiffy. And then we will start this build. Thinking of doing some video on this one.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

sounds good!
-Matt. Designer.
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks

Post by woodman »

Neon... you are full of innovation.. :) I have been wondering when someone will build one of the sit-on-tops with 1'' foam for the inner structure to cut down the weight...
neon14

Post by neon14 »

woodman wrote:Neon... you are full of innovation.. :) I have been wondering when someone will build one of the sit-on-tops with 1'' foam for the inner structure to cut down the weight...
I don't think I am going to do any experimental stuff on this build. I have a few ideas on storage and rigging that might be kind of cool. I want to get this thing built pretty quick. I feel comfortable that the foam would work. I just think I need to build this boat the conventional way and enjoy the build. This last project has really worn me out bad. But you never know :lol: