Plan question TPTV 15-32

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
anden
Type of boat I like: sit on top

Plan question TPTV 15-32

Post by anden »

On the plan for the touring pirogue tv15-32, there are dotted lines on the frame patterns, is this the water level and if so at what weight? I am considering altering to make the cockpit have scupper holes (SOT) I have already decked and installed hatches in the bow and stern. Any reason this wouldn't work? Seems like this plan should still have plenty of stability with raising the seat and would give me the chance to install a drainable baitwell in the cockpit as well.
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks

Re: Plan question TPTV 15-32

Post by woodman »

Please post some pics....love to see it...
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

It represents a 4" waterline. I'll have to review the file to see the displacement amount.

There is a TPTV-SOT in development.
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

That should be an excellent boat ,in my T-V 15 -29 I sit 9 inches high ,it is super stable I even throw a cast net from it . The 15 -32 should be like a rock.
One little note I have found my boat likes the seat set to the rear a little more than most boats because of the extra volume of the asymmetrical hull.
at least thats my theory
Ron
anden

Post by anden »

Is the sot version far enough along for a prototype, or ready for sale. This one is for my brother, and was looking to get the plans for the wadefish, but woulda rather do another of these. Ready to start cutting!
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

I was afraid to let that cat out of the bag.

The panel drawings will be done this week. Assemble instructions are another matter. But it will assemble much like my Blue Fin.

And to anticipate:

13' x 30"
about 250 (level loaded) on board will bring the water to the top of the scuppers.

I had to go with a shorter version at first for a few reasons that would be very boring and time consuming to explain. Yes, I expect larger versions in the future but hard to say exactly when.
-Matt. Designer.
anden

Post by anden »

Matt, that would be too small for me. But I am sure I could "wing it" if I knew what the discaplacement water line would be fully geared and loaded for camping at around 375-400 lbs? For me, having the scuppers would be great for washing out the fish slime, draining the baitwell, and maybe help the re-entry when I have had a little too much "sun" Only need the cockpit area between 2nd and 3rd frame....pm me if you have the time to draw that up and cost, please (won't need any instructions). Otherwise I will just figure it out with some scrap wood strips.
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

One of the things I had to do for the 13' model was to make it "fuller" and not as much of stream-lined shape.

To get the amount of displacement, you'll need 5" of draft. 4-7/8" up Frame 2 and 5" up frame 3. You can deduct the thickness of your plywood twice from that since you'll have the hull bottom and subfloor thickness.

I STRONGLY suggest you build the hull without any holes in it, take it out for a paddle while you butt AND feet are up 4-5" off the hull bottom. If that feels stable enough continue with the modification.
-Matt. Designer.