Upcoming Sabalo build in Australia - Now Started

Builder show and discuss their progress.
cjbfisher
Type of boat I like: SOT fishing kayaks.

Re: Upcoming Sabalo build in Australia - Now Started

Post by cjbfisher »

Managed to sneak in a few hours yesterday. Spent most of the time thinking and re-aquainting myself. Managed to tape the external seams of the tankwell, work out the position of the foot braces, and cut out the cockpit for the footbrace reccess.
No photos. Might get some today.
Cheers,
Chris
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

cjbfisher wrote:
Cjb...........lookin good............ I would extend the storage locker as Tor suggests, also I would make sure it is sealed from the rest of the boat so any water that gets in does'nt, flow all through the whole hull.

Cheers Paul
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

Looking very nice. I agree, angling the access hatch back a bit might make life easier, especially on the water. Not too much otherwise you might lose some advantage that having a nice work/mounting platform will give you.

You've done a very neat job and she's nice and straight. Well done!

By the way, for other reasons I painted my Sabalo up to the gunwales and I am not disappointed at all with the look. I get lot's of comments every time I go out. So don't worry about 'spoiling' the look because of painting your boat.
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
cjbfisher
Type of boat I like: SOT fishing kayaks.

Post by cjbfisher »

goanywhere wrote:Looking very nice. I agree, angling the access hatch back a bit might make life easier, especially on the water. Not too much otherwise you might lose some advantage that having a nice work/mounting platform will give you.

You've done a very neat job and she's nice and straight. Well done!

By the way, for other reasons I painted my Sabalo up to the gunwales and I am not disappointed at all with the look. I get lot's of comments every time I go out. So don't worry about 'spoiling' the look because of painting your boat.
Thanks Steve.
Have you got any details of your mast step? After reading all the trip reports on AKFF about the guys sailing their AI's, the gears have started to clunk, and I'm contemplating setting up for sailing. Also where did your design for the outriggers come from?
Cheers,
Chris
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

Hi Chris, here are a couple of videos I took last night. I hope they're ok, I had all sorts of problems trying to upload them to Photobucket, but I think they are ok now.

I hope these answer your questions.

My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!