She looked so lonely

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

She looked so lonely

Post by tx river rat »

I have been walking by the T-V and she just looks sad, since I built the Northwind she has been replaced for my tripping boat.
This year I am going to do some deer hunting that I need to get to by yak and gar fishing and bowfishing has one draw back out of a yak. (how would you transport a 9 ft fish in a yak)
So out comes the saw and the T-V is under the knife.
More to come later.
Ron
rodot
Type of boat I like: Okwata kayak

Re: She looked so lonely

Post by rodot »

Blimey.....whats Ron up to now??? :shock:
Okwata LC,
Northwind,
Quetico
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron
FloatingFisher
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by FloatingFisher »

Will be watching this :mrgreen:
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

She really looks bad now ,all the top has been cut off.
:roll:
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I told him rocket launchers for the stink boats is a bad idea.... but Ron is kinda hard-headed.
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Matt
They kept folks backed up from my fishing holes :lol: :lol:
Ron
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

My camera died but another one is on the way. I have been working on the T-V decided to take her all the way down to the wood and start over.
This boat has seen some rough usage,been blown down a sand bar for a hundred yards flipping,been dropped of off the top of my jeep,got way over a couple thousand miles under her. She was built from some bad plywood 1/8 inch thick and built with poly ,held up pretty well.
I will try to get some pics posted before long.
Ron
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Here is what she use to look like.

Took the T-V down to raw wood reapplied cloth. Looking at the bottom after a couple thousand miles of pretty rough treatment I had a good ideal of the wear points. so here is how I did it. put the cloth on in two pieces letting it overlap in the center 3 inches then put a piece of 3 inch tape on top of that. I also put a piece of 3 inch tape on each edge of the hull. After sealing the hull I went back and put on my external stems ,with the hull being separated and sealed and then putting on the stems I never have to worry about water as long as the stems are in place.
A pic of the front stem

Decided to put in pretty long seat rails and a thwart set up for my rods and to brace the hull.

I cut the top off and rebuilt the hull with two short decks and strips on the side.

I used grey rustolem oil base on the inside the hull ,I hope that color will be cool but not so bright it blinds you
I ran out of epoxy so the brite work will get a couple more coats and at least to more graphite coats, it should be a fishing machine
Ron
LesForgue
Type of boat I like: JEM Trapper by Matt

Post by LesForgue »

Looking like she's ready to go way beyond the next 2 thousand.
Les Richard Forgue