Hey there people!! :-)

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Hey there people!! :-)

Post by olsnappa »

It's been one heck of a long time!!!.......and feels like it.....!!!
I'm finally ready to return to the wonderful world of kayak building.....
Life complications and fairly major health challenges have had an impact on my ability....and drive....to be involved in this pass time I've enjoyed so much and found so rewarding...
I'm about to continue a project I began way back in mid 2010! The paddle board for my son.... (He's been very patient)
I also have a couple of other projects I'm itching to start. A Buccaneer for a friend..and I'm keen to build a second Cape Fear..
Personally the Cape Fear is still my favorite of your designs, Matt. But maybe there's a sentimental connection because she was the first of my builds.
I bought a second set of CF plans from you ages ago with the intention of taking what I'd learned since that first build and knocking out a better and lighter one.
So......it's on the horizon finally! :)
First step is to tidy up and redesign my work area...and then I'm into it!
Anyway.....I thought I'd say G'day to all and wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas and New Year.
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Hey there people!! :-)

Post by jem »

Good to see you back and happy Birthday!!!
-Matt. Designer.
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by olsnappa »

Haha.....Thanks Matt. And happy birthday to you too, mate!! :D
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

olsnappa wrote:It's been one heck of a long time!!!.......and feels like it.....!!!
I'm finally ready to return to the wonderful world of kayak building.....
Life complications and fairly major health challenges have had an impact on my ability....and drive....to be involved in this pass time I've enjoyed so much and found so rewarding...
I'm about to continue a project I began way back in mid 2010! The paddle board for my son.... (He's been very patient)
I also have a couple of other projects I'm itching to start. A Buccaneer for a friend..and I'm keen to build a second Cape Fear..
Personally the Cape Fear is still my favorite of your designs, Matt. But maybe there's a sentimental connection because she was the first of my builds.
I bought a second set of CF plans from you ages ago with the intention of taking what I'd learned since that first build and knocking out a better and lighter one.
So......it's on the horizon finally! :)
First step is to tidy up and redesign my work area...and then I'm into it!
Anyway.....I thought I'd say G'day to all and wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas and New Year.
I can so relate to all of that Snaps. Been in the same boat (so to speak) here too.

Happy Birthday mate and a very merry Christmas and healthy new year to you and yours and to all our fellow epoxy addicts here.

I hope to make a start on Evie's Akuna early in the new year and when that is done, something a lil different for me :mrgreen:
olsnappa

Post by olsnappa »

Thanks Mick......same to you mate.. :)
John.
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board