Wadefish 15-32 Instruction Queries

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
BigMal
Type of boat I like: Wadefish 15-32

Wadefish 15-32 Instruction Queries

Post by BigMal »

Matt,
A couple of queries I have regarding the build instructions for the Wadefish 15-32 as it appears there have been a few changes to the design (especially around the cockpit/tankwell frame) since the Wadefish 2.0 instructions were written.

The instructions I have are titled, Wadefish 2.0 Build Instructions, Rev 00 - 11/06/08

1. It does not appear that any of the internal frames (other than the cockpit and tankwell support frames) are put back in after they are removed to glass the hull inerior. Is this correct.

2. The instructions I have are for the Wadefish 2.0. It appears the internal cockpit/tankwell frame has changed to be the full length under the cockpit & tankwell rather than just supporting the cockpit. I assume this means that the additional bracing of the tankwell floor is not required?

3. As above, are the cross members at the fore & aft of both the mid-deck & tankwell still required with this support frame?

4. The instuctions (page 34) make it sound like all the "wings" get trimmed off the lateral cockpit/tankwell frames but some of the photo's contradict this (pages 43 & 44). Can you please confirm.
"Life is measured in achievement, not in years alone" Bruce McLaren
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Wadefish 15-32 Instruction Queries

Post by jem »

I do reuse some generic photos, texts, and images in assembly instructions. But if there's feedback they are not clear, then they need to be improved.

I don't have a copy of the instructions with me but I'll have a look tonight.
-Matt. Designer.
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

BigMal wrote:
1. It does not appear that any of the internal frames (other than the cockpit and tankwell support frames) are put back in after they are removed to glass the hull inerior. Is this correct.
Correct.
BigMal wrote: 2. The instructions I have are for the Wadefish 2.0. It appears the internal cockpit/tankwell frame has changed to be the full length under the cockpit & tankwell rather than just supporting the cockpit. I assume this means that the additional bracing of the tankwell floor is not required?

The cockpit and tankwell are both supported.
BigMal wrote: 3. As above, are the cross members at the fore & aft of both the mid-deck & tankwell still required with this support frame?
You'll need some sort of support to glue the decks to and seal the underside of the seam joint.

4. The instuctions (page 34) make it sound like all the "wings" get trimmed off the lateral cockpit/tankwell frames but some of the photo's contradict this (pages 43 & 44). Can you please confirm.[/quote]

Trim the wings.
-Matt. Designer.
BigMal

Post by BigMal »

5. The instructions have no mention of fibreglassing the aft deck, mid deck, tankwell/cockpit tops or tankwell/cockpit frames. Do I take this to mean they only need to have an epoxy saturation coat or have I missed a instruction somewhere?
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

They need to be glassed at the seams, minimum. It's in there. I'll find the exact page.
-Matt. Designer.
BigMal

Post by BigMal »

jem wrote:They need to be glassed at the sames, minimum. It's in there. I'll find the exact page.
I assume you mean to fillet & tape the seams. Full FG is not necessary?
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

correct.
-Matt. Designer.
BigMal

Post by BigMal »