Tx River rat TV a 15-29?

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
grayduck
Type of boat I like: a TV 15-32 or 29

Tx River rat TV a 15-29?

Post by grayduck »

Did Ron build a 29" or 32" version of the TV? I am trying to decide between the two. I'm leaning toward the 29 but don't want to be upset at myself when its too tippy for standing and casting for reds in the marsh. Any input welcome. thanks Bill
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Tx River rat TV a 15-29?

Post by tx river rat »

I built the twenty nine.
If you want to stand and cast I would build the 32. Or let me put it this way I would have too ,my balance just isnt that good.
Ron
I have paddled both and they are some good boats.
grayduck
Type of boat I like: a TV 15-32 or 29

Post by grayduck »

Ron - thanks for the quick reply! I also want to thank you for all of your posting - you are a true innovator from strip stitch and glue to homemade arrows! thanks for sharing your ideas.
couple questions
1. Any chance of me being too light for the 32? I'm 175 lb.
2. Definitely kayak paddle or single blade ok too?
3. Any design modifications to keep in mind for tandem with 10 or 12 year old?

thanks - and it was quite a coincidence when I discovered your Brazos posts on southern paddler while I was reading "Goodbye to a river" by Graves. Incidently I could not find a way to register on that forum???? Closed to newcomers?

Bill
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Grey duck
The 32 I paddled was built by a guy that probably didnt weigh over a 150 lbs and he seemed to do fine.
I am not a good one to ask about the single blade I use a kayak paddle exclusively . Maybe Chuck or Mick will chime in they are the single blade gurus.
My thoughts on it is that it should be fine with the single blad,I know a lot of folks that paddle 34 and 36 inch wide boats.
I will get Chuck to check it for you and he will get back to you on here.
Ron
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

If you paddle a canoe with a canoe paddle then you can paddle the TV with one. The nice thing about the TV is that you can use either paddle.
One thought you might want to consider........
For open water or long distances use the kayak paddle and for narrow water ways or obstructed water then use the canoe paddle. Also the canoe paddle , used on one side of the boat would make the ideal way to sneak up on just about anything , fishing or hunting.

Chuck....
Grayduck , Check your Private Message box.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

G'day Grey duck and welcome aboard mate.

For what my opinion might be worth, I agree with everything Ron and Chuck just said (except to bit about my being a single blade guru

I fool around with a single blade and love it to bits bit nine times out of ten, there is a kayak paddle somewhere in the boat for when the going gets tough