Tolerances

Post your own building tips and "how to" ideas here.
Wannabe

Re: Tolerances

Post by Wannabe »

So Ron,
Does that mean that people who post on these forums don't give a whatever about what the Gubmt. thinks. :wink:
Bob
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Bob
Maybe it is because we are so innocent and pure :lol: :lol:
Ron
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

Wannabe wrote:So Ron,
Does that mean that people who post on these forums don't give a whatever about what the Gubmt. thinks. :wink:
Bob
:roll: :wink:
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Gaps are required on larger power boats. The gap filled with epoxy works like cartilage between your bones to evenly absorb and disperse pressure and stress from planing. Just as bone-on-bone is painful, it's bad for the long term health of a stitch and glue power boat.

These smaller canoes and kayaks don't come anywhere close to absorbing those kinds of forces. So an inconsistent gap is ok. But an even gap does look nice.

As for the forum being slow, well that's probably on me. I need to put more in to talk about. Life pretty busy in our house these past few years. Doesn't look to slow down soon. But never say never.
-Matt. Designer.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

jem wrote: As for the forum being slow, well that's probably on me. I need to put more in to talk about. Life pretty busy in our house these past few years. Doesn't look to slow down soon. But never say never.
Matt......
Things are quiet all over , mine is normally busy with a lot of ( non Boat building ) chatter but for the last 4 or 5 months things have quieted down.
Heck one member posted and asked if anyone was out there or did his computer die. :lol:

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler