Cleat location and Front temp frame SABALO 15'

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
IanS
Type of boat I like: Sabalo 15

Cleat location and Front temp frame SABALO 15'

Post by IanS »

Matt,

1. Page 13 of 38 refers --- top of page 13...point 2 at top of page --- FORWARD TANK WELL cleat location?? ---Quote..refer to the T-cleat location drawing. Glue the cleats below the lines shown...unquote--On which page is the cleat location detailed??

2. Page 11 of 38 refers---the page shows a graphic of the FRONT TEMP FRAME...this is understood as a lineup for hull panels...on 19 point 13 and 14 the assembly mentions stitch panels C and B.....understood and the TEMP FRAME is still there to assist in alignment----page 35 refers point 29---stitch panel A to frames---TEMP FRAME STILL IN PLACE as per drawing. Page 36 ---point 30-install floors---and the sketch still shows the TEMP FRAME in place and from there forward there is no mention of removing the FRONT TEMP FRAME. Could please clarify Matt...does this TEMP FRAME remain and become an integral part of the construction or at which point of overall assembly is the TEMP FRONT FRAME REMOVED??

JIG for drilling stitch holes. Page 15 mentions 12" spaced holes for Sabolo Kayak and then on page 17 it is mentioned 6-8" holes...----Which spacing is is recommended.????---- My gut feeling is 6" for more accuracy during panel alignment.

Thats it.....Thanks Matt.

Ian S.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Cleat location and Front temp frame SABALO 15'

Post by jem »

1) Sheet 4.1

2) temp frame should come out unless you doing something custom with it.

If you're using 3mm ply, 6". You could just do 6" regardless but if using 4mm, 8" should be ok. You can always add more.
-Matt. Designer.
IanS
Type of boat I like: Sabalo 15

Post by IanS »

Matt,

Where do I find the large and small TEMP FRONT Frame dimensions and transom dimensions??? All other parts are ready for assembly...just the two temp frames and transom need to be sketched out and cut. Please advise how to proceed.

I am in Manila today to buy epoxy. Internet on the island is almost impossible and will check in to website tomorrow for a reply before stetting sail back to island.

Thanks,

Ian S
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

IanS wrote:Matt,

Where do I find the large and small TEMP FRONT Frame dimensions and transom dimensions??? All other parts are ready for assembly...just the two temp frames and transom need to be sketched out and cut. Please advise how to proceed.

I am in Manila today to buy epoxy. Internet on the island is almost impossible and will check in to website tomorrow for a reply before stetting sail back to island.

Thanks,

Ian S
Should be in the drawing packet. Drawing named "misc".
-Matt. Designer.