Sabalo

Info about our Products and Services
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

JEM-fest
JEM-boree
JEM-apaloza

Sounds good to me also. Just not to soon, or I to will only be bring a box of parts. Starting a Wadefish 15 (my first JEM) because it is to gosh darn hot to varnish right now. Of course the one ready to varnish, I have been working (or not working) on for two years, way to busy paddling.
Was camping at Salt Springs (Ocala) last weekend and paddled the Silver River and Alexander Springs. Was going to do Juniper Springs run, but a Forest Service "controlled" burn kinda got to be "out-of-control" and jumped Highway 19 so they closed down that road. Got see my very first Fla black bear out in the wild down stream on the Alex paddle.
Got back to Wekiva and paddled there about 4 weeks back.

DM
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

jcubero wrote:As many Florida folks as are on here, I'd love to see a "Jem Watercraft Canoe Expedition." We hit one of the million springs in the central Florida area and take a group picture - then we turn around and take a pic of all the envious folks starting at our boats, he he. 8)
Of course, we have to wait until I build mine! How about it? If there's interest we could try to organize something, post pics on the forum....

As a favor to the folks ( members of southernpaddler ) from out of our state I have been setting up paddling trips for them over the last several years ( Since 1998). This way when they get down here everything was set and all they had to was have some fun. In return if I was going to paddle in there area then they would set a trip up for me.
It makes it a lot nicer if a local person gathers all of the information , it takes all of the guess work out of planning the trip.

The springs sounds like a lot of fun. Or I would volunteer to set up a paddling / camping river trip. 1st we have to get Matt to come this far south for some relaxation. :P

Right now I'm looking forward to paddling the Okefenokee with some friends in November. :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I give a serious shot if it's not so freakin hot and humid! :P
-Matt. Designer.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

jem wrote:I give a serious shot if it's not so freakin hot and humid! :P
Matt

I agree with you on that. There are two things I use to do that I don't do anymore.

1... Paddle and camp from June to the middle of October.
2... Wash my cars when we are having a hurricane.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

Oldsparkey wrote:... Right now I'm looking forward to paddling the Okefenokee with some friends in November.
Friends? I wonder where he got that idea?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
jcubero

Post by jcubero »

Definitely the JEM-boree. I like that one! We'll have to watch those fragile North Carolina people - they can't take real heat. :lol: The nice thing about August paddling is you can jump right into the Spring to cool off.
I agree with sparkey though, I *never* camp in Florida from June to October. Heat aside, the mosquitoes wouldn't leave enough to bury.
I was just thinking day trip, but I'd be up for whatever.
--
Javier