DK Dingy pics

Builder show and discuss their progress.
NeilJ
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

DK Dingy pics

Post by NeilJ »

I would rather have been working on the boat tonight but I had other duties so I thought I would try to post a few pictures of my progress. Thanks for the help Matt. I'm not sure if this is how is is done but I will give it a try. I did not like how the stem was coming together so Morten sent me specs for the stem curve and I am pretty happy with how it came together. I also used stringer along the keel to position and hold the stem in place. If you see this Morten maybe you could give some suggestions on where I would start with mast and lee board placement when I put the sail rig on it. It is a 45 sq ft lateen rig and the lee boards are old Old Town boards.

Imaget

NeilJ
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by NeilJ »

I failed to point out that I am at the stitch fillet point of assembly.
CT_Mart

Post by CT_Mart »

Coming along Neil. Any planned modifications beyond what you show here?
Marty
NeilJ

Post by NeilJ »

The only other thing I might consider is a little tumblehome on the stern but I am not sure about that yet. After I finish taping the exterior and glue the stem I will flip it over and see how much flex I can put on the ply. I ran out of tape tonight (I have about 10 or 12 feet of the top chine on both sides left)and am almost ready to order more epoxy so I may be at a standstill until after were recover from the Santa express. I will post more pictures when it looks a like I have made some progress.

Neil
CT_Mart

Post by CT_Mart »

I am working on a model of the boat right now after having some discussions with Mort about carrying more width toward the transom. I'm bringing the lower side panels down to give a wider flat bottom. Cheaper to experiment with the model.
Marty