Hairies Swamp Girl Sold

Builder show and discuss their progress.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Hairies Swamp Girl Sold

Post by hairymick »

Hi guys,

We had a visit from a lady work colleague who is also the secretary of the local canoe club.

She fell in love with my Swampgirl and desperately wanted to buy it. Long story - short, she is a really nice lady and I sold it to her for about what it cost me to make or a bit less.

She sent me a lovely email today, and I copy and paste it below. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. :oops:

Hi you two
Well, we are really pleased with our new baby, she cuts through the water like an arrow and had no problem keeping up with the rest of the bunch the other week, in fact led the way a lot of the time! Others in the club most impressed and everyone commented on the great workmanship! Col has just finished making a rack thingie under the house for her and the old roscoe to sit on so she is very comfy and happy. Mick, Chris our neighbour is definitely interested in the idea of building his own boat and will be giving you a ring about it as soon as I get round to giving him your phone number. I'm not back on deck here until next Mon and Tues and they are night shift, then am off till the weekend after so you won't see me round for a while. That's why I thought I'd better send you this! Cheers The Happy Paddler
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

See now you have a reason to build a second boat of one design.
And when you build your replacement Swamp Girl dont forget to send Matt a check. :lol:

DM
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Nah, got something else in mind.
Regards,
Mick

surfman

Post by surfman »

That was nice, you may have to quit your day job and start building boats. That may not be all bad.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

hairymick wrote:Nah, got something else in mind.
Mick
I don't know for sure but I have this feeling that the Carolinas would not like you sending Matt a pair of Kangaroos and a few of the Brush turkeys. :lol:

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Hi chuck,

Nah mate, thinking more along the lines of a couple of bandicoots and a wombat or two. :D

Actually still thinking about my next build - so many great boats still to build. :oops:
Regards,
Mick

Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Lord Nelson of the Outback! You have your own fleet, Mick. When will you start recruiting crews? Are they gonna be all-girl crews?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.