Video on fiberglass tape edge

Info about our Products and Services
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Good idea with video.

I agree that the cabinet scraper would also work, and give more control with a pull stroke.
Tho my weapon of choice for removing (faring) the edge of the tape or cloth is still a carbide paint scraper. The keyword is "carbide". They will be located in the paint dept of your hardware store, NOT with the tools.
I use a 2 inch blade and the 3/4 inch blade (triangular, 3 usable sides).
Works for fairing, knocking the top off the second fill coat (cabinet scraper works better/faster on large areas) and removing drips. I can work on a action picture or two this weekend maybe.

DM
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

let's see you use it with one hand while holding a camera in the other. :P
-Matt. Designer.
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

jem wrote:let's see you use it with one hand while holding a camera in the other. :P
OK, love a challenge. I am sure I have some drips that need to be removed.
The scraper handle is more ergonomically fitting than the chisel. And the one I have doesn't have the knob on it (the knob is removable) and it doesn't take much pressure. It wont remove the big edge off of tape in one pass like a chisel

I'll see what I can do, my camera will film movies.
DM
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN

How to tell

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

Matt,
Don't know you well enough to tease you like I've been doing. My apologies to you. I can tell you're a stitch and glue man cause you have a hard time with all the ribbing we give you.
Keep up the good work, it's a wonderful idea and service.

Lee the Hairy-tick
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Re: How to tell

Post by Oldsparkey »

LEE SCHNEIDERMANN wrote:Matt,

Lee the Hairy-tick
Fer Pete's sake :roll: , Lee , Do Not ever tell Matt to keep up the good work , that is the worse thing to say. Besides Matt , Like myself does not like profanity or 4 letter words on either of the forum's (His or mine) and W%&K is a 4 lettered word no matter how you print it , type it or say it. :oops:

Please control your language , if Matt ever thought of what he is doing as W%&K it would destroy all the fun he is having designing boats and helping all of us.

Tread Lightly , like walking thru a sand spur patch bare footed and never , ever , in your wildest dreams , say that 4 lettered W--K word. :lol:

Chuck.
PS... I guess it would be OK in a E-Mail since the general public would never see that nasty word. "O" I don't know Lee at all but that does not mean I can't joke with him about his choice of words in a fun way. :lol:
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: How to tell

Post by jem »

LEE SCHNEIDERMANN wrote:Matt,
Don't know you well enough to tease you like I've been doing. My apologies to you. I can tell you're a stitch and glue man cause you have a hard time with all the ribbing we give you.

Lee the Hairy-tick
it's all in good fun , Lee.

you know, like those plans I sent that will have the big hole at the end of the boat. It's only to drain excess water, I promise. :P
-Matt. Designer.
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN

DRAIN HOLE??

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

I thought it served the same purpose as the funnel and tube in my shop wall! :shock:
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
Profezzur

Post by Profezzur »

I can't wait to see more videos. I'm a visual learner and they are a tremondous help.