Houston Wadefish Progess

Builder show and discuss their progress.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Is this the orginal version or are you one of the gang that wanted to mods? I can't remember. :oops:
-Matt. Designer.
Mullet_Key
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Mullet_Key »

It was the late 2006 version with some dimension changes after comments from HM down under. The Wadefish did not plow like a boat with too much weight in the front. I'll have to let someone else paddle it this weekend to really comment on it. Tracked great! The the space under the bow deck is cavernous. My insulated fish bag fits perfectly.
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
Jerry-rigged

Post by Jerry-rigged »

MK:
Looks like I won't make it tonight... :x :cry: :x

Wife's job screwing up my plans again...

Think we could get together some weekend? I'd really like to see the boat.

Jerry
Mullet_Key
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Mullet_Key »

No problem, sorry your can't make it. I'll be around. PM or email me. MK
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
Mullet_Key

Wadefish on Weekend Trip

Post by Mullet_Key »

Took the Wadefish to the coast this past weekend for a kayak fishing / camping trip. She performed beautifully. I'm done except for the glossy varnish finish. See ya!

Bow to cockpit:

Mid boat:

Cockpit to Stern:

Finished Boat:

Image[/img]
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Fish on!! It was catch and release weekend, saving one speckled trout (Spotted Sea Trout) for dinner. One red drum towed me for a few minutes before being released.

The famous trout head shake

Pre-Release:

Juvenile Red Drum:

I'm pleased with the anchor trolley system. I can position the anchor on either end by sliding the line on the left side. I also used a ski pole with the basket removed to jam through a loop on the trolley line and into the shallow bay bottom to keep from getting blown around. Good luck to all, fun to build, great to paddle, kudos to Matt!
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

wow! Another impressive SOT!
-Matt. Designer.
jheger

work of art

Post by jheger »

MK:
Your boat is simply beautiful. Congratulations!! I see you have a wood paddle, did you make it? How does it compare to the bought variety? Thanks
Mullet_Key

Grey Owl

Post by Mullet_Key »

J, thanks! It's Grey Owl that I've had for about 10 years. Very inexpensive then. They've upgraded to carbon fiber ferrules. It's the Sirocco model, very easy to refinish when dinged up and scratched. http://www.greyowlpaddles.com/pages/kayak.html
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

MK
Way cool, very nice.
Love the center console. 8)

DM