Yet Another Hairy Wish

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Yet Another Hairy Wish

Post by hairymick »

A very sleek, touring kayak.

Similar hull design to the Okwata, 15' - 16' - max beam, 25" similar decks to Laker & Freedom with identical cockpit to the Laker.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

:D

mick might be hacking my computer.
-Matt. Designer.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

jem wrote:Mick might be hacking my computer.
I've always wondered if he could be trusted. Ever since I met him and we paddled together for a couple of months on the Mississippi of Australia, he's been shifty eyed.

Ya jesssssst never know about these things, ehh? :lol:
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

mick might be hacking my computer
:P :P

My canoes are on hold for a little while. Laker has re-invigorated my love of kayaks and while there is not one thing I would change to my Laker, ( it is perfect for what I want her for) There are allways times when something a little longer and sleeker would be nice - just for the joy of paddling.

To this end, I will be starting an Okwater build real soon. :D I have allways loved the lines of this boat and I just don't undrstand why no -one seems to have done a build yet.

After Okwater, (or during it) I will be talking to Matt about just such a boat :D .
I've always wondered if he could be trusted. Ever since I met him and we paddled together for a couple of months on the Mississippi of Australia, he's been shifty eyed.
And here I was thinkin I had you all fooled. Dam, will have to try harder.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

hairymick wrote:
And here I was thinkin I had you all fooled. Dam, will have to try harder.
Naah! We saw right through that glib exterior, and down into the heart of a solid guy. We've admired you as a rogue from the very start.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Yet Another Hairy Wish

Post by jem »

hairymick wrote:A very sleek, touring kayak.

Similar hull design to the Okwata, 15' - 16' - max beam, 25" similar decks to Laker & Freedom with identical cockpit to the Laker.
I've never been a big fan of the rounded deck. They look nice enough. Just not my cup of tea. I did the rounded deck on the Okwata as a custom design request.
-Matt. Designer.